how much for a red r6??

yellowt5r
This post is 5176 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All

i own an 51, (reg in 1/1/2002 though) red r6 its completly standard other than adjustable levers. ive only owned it for 8 months but i do mainly use it for work and now i just want a bandit or something of that sort, as stupid as its sounds its too good to be used just for that plus a bandit would be cheaper for parts etc..., it is a stunning bike and near perfect condition with only 13,000 miles, has full history up to 10,000 and had 3 owners.

so i just wondered what sort of price could i expect to sell it for as i cant seem to find may red ones for sale.

if you can give me any advice i thank you in advance.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

These lot have a red one, on 2003 at £3750.

Unless you find someone who is dead set on a red one, then the colour isn't going to make a huge difference in price, no matter how rare it is.

Alot also depends on where you are in the country, how desperate the seller is, how keen the buyer is and what the market is like (if there are 100 red R6's then your price is going down, like it or not!)

I would always take the bike to a local dealer or two and ask about a trade in (pick a bike in the showroom similar to what you want, as they will often price yours agains the prospective sale), try a couple of dealers and this will give you a good idea what your bike is worth.

Trade in V's Private sale is a subjective thing, personally, I can't be done with the hassle of tyre kicking time wasters so I go to the dealer, or sell through word-of-mouth ( I also don't like advertising that I have a bike, in local or national papers/forums/auction sites etc). I wouldn't spend anything over a grand on a private sale either as I'm just too suspicious - but that's just my prefferance, it doesn't mean it's right for anyone else. The downside is, you always pay for that little bit of 'piece of mind'.

Many people use private sales, and some people make a killing on them.

hi thanks for the reply.

i wasnt saying its "rare" just the just seems to be alot of blue ones for sale.

id like to sell and also come away with about £1500 to £2000 as i just want a cheap and cheerfull bike now.r6 are imo just for fun rides they are a stunning bike and not for to and from work rides imo.

ill have a chat with some dealers but i think i will get far less than im will to take.

How much for a red one?

Oooh, lots.

Everyone knows red bikes go faster!!! ;)

Edit: Cor, have I really made that many rambling, babbling posts of sarcasm here?

Sorry cant resist it.

Have this one for free........

R6

:D

hi thanks for the reply.

i wasnt saying its "rare" just the just seems to be alot of blue ones for sale.

id like to sell and also come away with about £1500 to £2000 as i just want a cheap and cheerfull bike now.r6 are imo just for fun rides they are a stunning bike and not for to and from work rides imo.

ill have a chat with some dealers but i think i will get far less than im will to take.

Hi, just thought I'd give you the dreaded "book price!" It books at £2200 with 25,000 miles on the clock, so you really shouldnt have too many problems getting rid of it in a hurry!

That said, at the moment sports bikes are not the best selling bikes in the World, so you may find giving it to the dealer world may not be your best option!

Hope this helps!

the point of that post is????????

Jeez....The point was, it's a joke.

Contributing to the friendly family aspect of the forum.

For a serious answer - Search through current and elapsed sales on eBay, BikeTrader, MCN and everywhere else, then spend hours painstakingly working out the average sale price based on mileage, condition, year, colour, season, current fashion trend etc, only to find that it doesn't make that much difference - It's an R6 and will sell for the overall average price, with some slight variation.

Set a reserve on eBay, or set a higher price with ONO.

Your average is £3.5K for a 51 reg.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online