Yamaha 750 triple 1970's

Leo
This post is 5563 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi I hope that somebody can help trying to get some information on the Yamaha 750 triple. friend of mine has inherited one (Not very good with PC's) and would like to restore it. Can anybody direct me to the right place or person to speak to.

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

TBH the XS750 was one of the WORST bikes Yamaha ever made.

I'm sure one of the others can advise, but you will need to be more specific about what you want to know.

Get some photos up of it's present condition too.

• Like 1

Those old triple's are kinda unique........yet quite problematic.....especially with the electrics :roll:

Do this:

Post the photo up somewhere on the internet like www.photobucket.com

View the image on the internet, not on your computer.

Right click on the image, Select "Properties"

Hightlight the link to the image and "Copy" the image link.

Come back to this site

Select the "IMG" button.

Paste the link after the tag.

Click the "IMG" button again to close the tag.

Job done.

• 1 year later...

I've got a '77 XS 750 and they can be problematic at best, but they are a cool bike and fun to ride, Let your friend know that parts are available around the web. The first thing I would do if its not already done is convert the ignition to CDI. Let me know if you need any info.

Paul

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm also working on an XS750, a '77. So far so good, the engine sounds nice a tight and no electrical problems. It only has 8250 miles on it and even though it had been sitting outside in the dessert for at least a year, it didn't take much to get it running. One modification I did was to shorten the ugly muffle by 12 inches and redesign the baffle. Now it sounds like a hopped up little British car. I'm also going to use pod filters since the stock air box is missing.

I've got a 76 XS750. It only need the stator wires reconnected after a bad batt leaked fluid on them and they snapped in half. Other than that, it runs great.

Don't have to much technical knowledge though on it, as nothing has needed to be fixed.