Sssslllllloooooooooowwwww

Gas up - Let's Go!
This post is 5169 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Before I spend three days explaining to the guys in India that I have a problem, am I the only one getting realllllllllyyyy slooooooww responses from the Forum ?

I'm also getting lots of Database errors and yesterday got chucked out completely for a while (403 errors)

In the past I've had this and it turned out to be a DNS issue in the core network, just wanna know if it's me or not.

Ta

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Bit like that here too. I thought it might be our dial up connection to Europe.

so slow here that i thought there was something wrong with the PC at my end!!! feel a bit more at ease now (dont have to buy a new PC :) )

Did i tell the one about the snail that went into a bar?... :unsure:

Did he get thrown out ?

I'm glad it's not just me then, at least I don't have to ring up that lot who pretent to know about support

Me: Hello, my internet is very slow

CallCentre: Is the power light on on your router?

Me: Yes, I can get to lots of sites, it's just very slow

CallCentre: unplug your router form the wall, reboot your PC, plug your router back in

Me: Why, it's working , just very slow

CallCentre: Please sir, unplug your router form the wall, reboot your PC, plug your router back in

Me: OK done that,

CallCentre: now try again

Me: Still the same, I can get to all websites, it's just very slow. I've checked the router and my downstream speed is 2589mb/s upstream is the usual 512mb/s. Can you check the core network ?

CallCentre: OK Sir, I think it might be your PC, What is your IP address?

Me; It doesn't matter what it is, I can access the network, it's just very slow.

CallCentre: OK Sir, I see the problem now.

Me; What is it?

CallCentre; can you take out all of your telephones and move your router to the main socket.

Me; No, I can't, it's working OK, just slow.

CallCentre; Very good Sir, as long as it is working I'll close the call. Have a nice day.......................

Ok Mr Gatso-lego, so lert me see please, thats G for Guppta, A for Apple, S for Sultana, Dash for Dash, U for You You Basterd guy, P for Pilau, is that correct please sir? :blink:

Must be the snow and slush getting into the t'internet!

the web sites i vistit where its sunny, i have no problems :blink:

Been slow for a while" i noticed a difference after site was updated , to this new format huh.gif ,,, bit frustrating," like trying to start an xs400 "biggrin.gif

Been slow for a while" i noticed a difference after site was updated , to this new format huh.gif ,,, bit frustrating," like trying to start an xs400 "biggrin.gif

ahem!! :moon:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Admin

Sorry guys only just seen this thread. The server has been upgraded so hopefully none of you are experiencing a slow site at high traffic levels now. As for the driver errors these would have been me updating software. I try to do it when the forums are at their quietist, but is often not possible due to time differences :-(

Yep - Very slow since the upgrade and new forum.

It looks nice, but it lags, like there's a lot of code being processed in the background, or it's loading a page with lots of hi-res pics...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online