Insurance Driving Me Mad

Durkster
This post is 5152 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi There Im Currently Looking For Insurance For A 1988 Yamaha Tzr 125 ive Been Driving / riding For Just Over a Year Now And Im Just Wondering If Any Of You Guys Know any Cheap UK Insurers

Thanks Kind Regards Durk x

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi There Im Currently Looking For Insurance For A 1988 Yamaha Tzr 125 ive Been Driving / riding For Just Over a Year Now And Im Just Wondering If Any Of You Guys Know any Cheap UK Insurers

the last few years i've used kwik fit (express insurance),swinton and MCE. I get a quote from all three and then get them all to fight for my custom, most of the time i get about 20% knocked off premium. no one else can seem to get get close to these three on price (for me anyway!!)

hope this helps

john

the last few years i've used kwik fit (express insurance),swinton and MCE. I get a quote from all three and then get them all to fight for my custom, most of the time i get about 20% knocked off premium. no one else can seem to get get close to these three on price (for me anyway!!)

hope this helps

john

CIA does mine, have done for years.

FBI does mine

hope this helps

john

Swinton Did Me Good Got It Down From £2500 With MCN To £440 With Swinton Thanks

CIA & FBI Sounds like the secret servies just by chance you dont work for them do you haha but i will give them a go if i manage to find them

CIA & FBI Sounds like the secret servies just by chance you dont work for them do you haha but i will give them a go if i manage to find them

Sorry Durkster, I was joking about FBI. I really get mine through MI5

Only joking again, but seriously though I think it depends a lot on you age and how many years no claims bonus you have, and what sort of cover you want.

I am insured by NIG through a broker fully comp for my XJ600s for less than £100.00

Sorry Durkster, I was joking about FBI. I really get mine through MI5

Only joking again, but seriously though I think it depends a lot on you age and how many years no claims bonus you have, and what sort of cover you want.

I am insured by NIG through a broker fully comp for my XJ600s for less than £100.00

Oh Right haha Lol ( Im Blonde ) haha CIA's Real And Realy Cheap £330

i use bennets

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=0&oq=bennets+in&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLF_enGB233GB234&q=bennetts+insurance

look up ksl who r good too,

have u compared the market

good luck n ride safe

i use bennets

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=0&oq=bennets+in&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLF_enGB233GB234&q=bennetts+insurance

look up ksl who r good too,

have u compared the market

good luck n ride safe

bennets for some reason wont insure me haha and tryed compare the market dint go too well haha

Thanks CIA have been the Cheapest Yet Thanks Been a Great Help Al tho Their Highest Was £9,999.00

Yeah man,,, Check Bennett's b4 splashing any cash..... I've always found them more than good!!

Then again ,, I pay just over the ton for my R1,, ahh, the benefits of being an old dude..

Yeah man,,, Check Bennett's b4 splashing any cash..... I've always found them more than good!!

Then again ,, I pay just over the ton for my R1,, ahh, the benefits of being an old dude..

I used to use bennets a long while ago, first year fine on the second when the renewal came through i did my usual and rang pretending to be Me No2, to see if there was any difference. Bloody right there was, getting on for 80 quids worth.

The thing that finished it was when i rang up they said in a roundabout way, if people are lazy enough to accept the renewal as is tough, but they would be happy to honour the new price for me. I told em to stick it up their arse.

I have tried the same trick several times over the years with CIA and it is always the same.

I used to use bennets a long while ago, first year fine on the second when the renewal came through i did my usual and rang pretending to be Me No2, to see if there was any difference. Bloody right there was, getting on for 80 quids worth.

The thing that finished it was when i rang up they said in a roundabout way, if people are lazy enough to accept the renewal as is tough, but they would be happy to honour the new price for me. I told em to stick it up their arse.

I have tried the same trick several times over the years with CIA and it is always the same.

I HAD THE SAME TROUBLE WITH SWINTON! WHEN THE DUDE HAD A MASK AND A DICK TURPIN HAT ON, I DECIDED TO VAMOOSE.....THEY WANTED 270 WHEN BENNETS WANTED AROUND ABOUT A TON, BIG DIFF AINT IT, AFTER POINTING THIS OUT TO THE MUPPET/GOLUM/BEVERLEY HILL BILLY. I WAS TOLD THEY COULDNT MATCH IT (NO SHIT SHERLOCK). SO I TOK MY BUSINESS ELSEWHERE........

always read the policy, as i shouldnt ride at night, or inbetween 8am - 5pm and iff my bike is nicked from my property it isnt covered ?wtf you may ask..anyways have you tryed confused.com my mate has and they qoated him

£65 for his yammi 100.

FOOTMAN-JAMES, thats FOOTMAN JAMES, I changed to them for this year as they were the cheapest after much phoning around.

I called FOOTMAN JAMES and spoke to a pleasant wee lass called Sarah, after 15 mins questioning and getting the cost £ sterling I told her that I was gonna shop around-as you do, so I asked Sarah for a REF number (reference number) which I got.

spent 2 days phoning around other insurers and concluded that FOOTMAN JAMES was the better option-

however !

on calling FOOTMAN JAMES back I got call centre top tosser called Wayne and what a top tosser he was, I gave my REF number to him-

no joy !,

he insisted that I go through the entire 15 minute question session all over again ( at my expense and time)----next years sales loss !

its not just about the cost for me, its the level of service, and in this case how irritating the top tosser from FOOTMAN JAMES was in not accepting my previously prepared REF number :angry:

next year CIA will have a new source of revenue me thinks.

so for all you Insurance professionals out there "once bitten-twice shy"

rant over

ahh, thats better

so if anyone working for FOOTMAN JAMES gets this---REF numbers keep happy bunnies happy--and keeps the revenue rolling in--simples. :)

You may wish to read the advice on MoneySavingExpert.com http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/cheap-motorbike-scooter-insurance

Good guide on how to get a good deal...

I use Aquote for my 125 (third party fire and theft) and MCE for my 1300, but once I'd paid MCE I phoned back with a question & they were very rude and unhelpful so I won't use them next year (shame as I used them previously and they were ok which is why I used them this time)

Afraid at the end of the day your age probably is the biggest factor. My 125 quote dropped from £115 to £76 this year as I've hit 30...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online