r6 tyres? recomendations please

dudman
This post is 5144 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all, looking for a new set of tyres for my 2008 r6 and im after some recomendations. the bike came with dunlop qualifiers which were pants( they took ages to warm up )ive just finished off a pair of qualifiers rr which were brill until they hit about 3mm depth then they eat themselfs within 300 miles!!

so i'll be looking for a pair for fast road use and track days.

thanks john

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi all, looking for a new set of tyres for my 2008 r6 and im after some recomendations. the bike came with dunlop qualifiers which were pants( they took ages to warm up )ive just finished off a pair of qualifiers rr which were brill until they hit about 3mm depth then they eat themselfs within 300 miles!!

thanks john

thanks for all the replies, thought you might like to know i got another pair of quailfier rr's

cheers

Hi John, Im sorry that this is a little too late, but I also have an 08 R6, and i've fitted the new Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa Pro's. They are absolutely unreal! I've never ridden on such a confidence inspiring tyre. But only in the dry! Wear seems to be fairly normal, with no unusual characteristics so far, but that said, I havent managed to wear them out yet so who knows! Just thought I'd mention it for next time! Enjoy the RR's!

Sean

• 3 weeks later...

thanks john

Hi John, have you been out on the RR's yet? im thinking of getting some for my 2008 R6 and just wondered how good they are.

Cheers Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John, have you been out on the RR's yet? im thinking of getting some for my 2008 R6 and just wondered how good they are.

Cheers Dave

yeah been out on them they give pleanty of grip in the cold, duel compound works a treat last set managed to wear side of tyre before middle!! they also make the bike quicker to steer,

hope this helps, although a little late

john