DT 125 Power valve problems

manskin
This post is 5204 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I see alot of posts about the deristriction of DT125's and I would like someone to clarify something up for me. Does the power valve move on all bikes when the ignition is turned on like in this video. http://www.dtr125.net/videohtml/ypvs/DT_YPVS_Operation.avi

If so how can I diagnose why my power valve is not moving

Thanks

Shaun

Welcome........

Could be many things from a badly adjusted cable through bad connections to blown control electronics. Best option is get your head in a manual that will give you a few test procedures to run through.

Welcome........

Could be many things from a badly adjusted cable through bad connections to blown control electronics. Best option is get your head in a manual that will give you a few test procedures to run through.

Thanks for the reply

I have had a look in the Service Manual http://www.dtr125.net/workshop-manuals/Yamaha_DT125X_RE_05_Service_Manual.pdf which is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard, I also managed to get a working servo and it is doing the same as the old one, which leads me to the control unit???? Unless others know better?

Cheers

Shaun

So what exactly is it doing then, is it completely inopperative or is is doing something, but not actually what you think it should be.

So what exactly is it doing then, is it completely inopperative or is is doing something, but not actually what you think it should be.

Basically the bike has lots of top end, no bottom and its eating fuel, so I went to check the setting on the powervalve cables and reset if needed. However the powervalve did not reset when I turn the key like in the link above. So I removed the servo and even with out any load it did the same, so I managed to get my hand on a working unit and it has done the same.

Basically the bike has lots of top end, no bottom and its eating fuel, so I went to check the setting on the powervalve cables and reset if needed. However the powervalve did not reset when I turn the key like in the link above. So I removed the servo and even with out any load it did the same, so I managed to get my hand on a working unit and it has done the same.

Hmmmmm so no funky motor noises when you switch on the ig.

I take it you HAVE checked the fuses as my old RD and the TDR i have now, both have fuses specifically for the YPVS (powervalve) system.

There are testing methods for the servo and the potentiometer in the system but the only info i have is for the old RD and my TDR250 (yes i do keep manuals)which have basically the same system but the testing is different. I don't know what the changes have been for the newer stuff and i don't want you to damage electrical components on the basis of bad advice.

The link you posted for the manual just makes my PC sulk, so i can't see what the changes are.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online