My two new (to me) offroad bikes...one is hard to find info on?

This post is 5215 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I just bought these two bikes.

1987 YZ250

1986 TT225

They look similar, I don't have them at my house now, but I believe (from what I read online ONLY)that the TT225 is four stroke and the YZ is 2 stroke. Other than that, they look very similar.

Is there any info on the TT225 that I should know? I couldn't seem to find much information on the internet.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I just bought these two bikes.

1987 YZ250

1986 TT225

They look similar, I don't have them at my house now, but I believe (from what I read online ONLY)that the TT225 is four stroke and the YZ is 2 stroke. Other than that, they look very similar.

Is there any info on the TT225 that I should know? I couldn't seem to find much information on the internet.

Thanks!

I've found this forum a good resource for all things old and Yamaha.

You really just need a workshop manual for it though or at the very least a parts manual.

The TT225 is most commonly known a a Serow. Lois Pryce (The goddess of overland travel) rode one from Alaska down to Chile, then back up to Brazil, a couple of years ago. A very underestimated bike.

The TT225 is most commonly known a a Serow. Lois Pryce (The goddess of overland travel) rode one from Alaska down to Chile, then back up to Brazil, a couple of years ago. A very underestimated bike.

The XT225 is the same.....

My 1-Armed mate rides the hell outta his! B) ....

XTRideOut005.jpg

If you want to check Lois pick up some older copies of TBM she writes (did not sure any more) in there of her trips and has a book out, interesting read.

Serows are good bikes aswell, nice and easy to ride.

If you want to check Lois pick up some older copies of TBM she writes (did not sure any more) in there of her trips and has a book out, interesting read.

Lois hasn't written in TBM for a while now. There is another Girly who is a bloody good rider BTW, Jenny Morgan, she did the Heroes Ledgend Rally in November (that's the real Dakar, not the one in South America), she's currently doing a few articles.

Lois has two books (Lois on the Loose, Red Tape & White Knuckles) and numerous videos - mad a box of frogs though!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online