SR125 Custom Oil Seal Dimensions anybody?

Joffie
This post is 5237 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

Having recently done a vital engine rebuild - the second gear wasn't selecting but now it is Hooray B)

I'm left with the vital task of replacing a couple of oil seals then hopefully it'll be "bob's your uncle" for this latest maintenance do.

Not forgetting many thanks to Dean :thumb: & Dean :thumb: and mates :thumb: in Peterborough for helping us out big time after lubrication probs last week! It is heartwarming when a biker stops to help if you get into trouble.

However I've put the engine back together now, and don't wish to meddle too much if poss so I'm posting this to see if anyone knows the dimensions of these parts for the SR125 custom:

1)Clutch pushrod oil seal ... located on top of LHS engine case underneath circlip

(Dohhhh :icon_idea: )

2)Output shaft oil seal ... located underneath front drive sprocket !

3)Any other vital seal not mentioned above, if applicable

There's a guy in a local engineering trade counter who has bundles of oil seals, so it's simply a question of giving Ext diameter, Int diameter, Width and possibly desired quality in order to obtain replacement parts.

I've heard the job can be done without removing any covers or what-have-you.

It will be of great value to know what specs these parts are, before doing the oil drain routine... again.

Many thanks,

Jon Lamb

OK have taken measurements from spare crankcase and got the following results if NE1 agrees with this plz affirm.

Measurements are:

_______________________int dia/mm_____ext dia/mm___width/mm

#

Clutch p/rod seal_________14_____________26___________6

#

Output shaft_____________20_____________35___________6

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online