removing crash helmet in tescos

reabo
This post is 5234 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

yesterday on my way to work i went into tescos at bromley by bow, london. as i have two or three times a week for the last four years. i do not remove my crash helmet, buy my dinner and leave. yesterday i was asked to remove my crash helmet "for security reasons" not really a problem untill i see, not twenty feet away a person in a haqib. do they have to remove that i ask.

no is the reply that is for religious reasons

no it is not, i say ,it is her decision to wear that, not a religious obligation.

i could get no answer from either the security muppet or the compliance manager as to why a crash helmet is unacceptable but a haqib was ok.

so am i assumed to be a criminal because i wear a crash helmet but people of an alternate religion are assumed virtuous?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

been the source of many a discussion on bike forums and what you say is true, at least as a biker you are not wearing a bloody great sack that can conceal a bomb etc

If you do your face up with black boot polish and shoe whitener like 'Al Jolson', then remove your lid when instructed you will become an instant celebrity in the store, dont knock it til you try it ! :blink:

I recall something a year or two back where a guy had a similar experience in (Morrisons ?). They made him take it off and it was damaged in the store, he argued that Morrisons were at fault as if he had kept it on it wouldn't have been damaged. Morrisons had to caugh up the replacement cost of the lid.

I've had similar experiences in filling stations, and on one day when I was in a realy arsy mood I walked upto the kiosk and told the halfwit behind the glass that my bike spits out a squirt of fuel as it reaches the top of the filler neck, just before the fuel filler nozzel cuts out, and that my visor is PPE as a result of thier faulty equipment. I then told him I would happily remove my lid if he would accept all responsibility for whatever followed. Funny how people back down when you ask them to take responsibility.....

To be honest though, I can see why you'd want to keep you lid on for short periods, like filling up, grabbing a pint of mike from the newsagent etc, but I can't understand why you'd want to walk around a supermarket with it on ? How the hell do you avoid those grannies with wild trollies ??

For all our society rules pay lip service to equality, it's bolloxs. Fat people are exempt from wearing seatbelts, as are taxi drivers - why? sikhs don't have to wear helmets, and muslims (or even those claiming to be)can get away with walking through an airport security check without showing thier face, so what's the use of a passport ??

You gotta love this country.....

no, wear a haqib under the helmet!!

LMAO i was about to say this. Woulda loved to of seen the look on their face when he took it off!

England just is'nt England any more. It sucks, but hey, i got my bike, and thats alllll i give a fuck abouttt

DON'T get me started on this shite.....

I recall something a year or two back where a guy had a similar experience in (Morrisons ?). They made him take it off and it was damaged in the store, he argued that Morrisons were at fault as if he had kept it on it wouldn't have been damaged. Morrisons had to caugh up the replacement cost of the lid.

I've had similar experiences in filling stations, and on one day when I was in a realy arsy mood I walked upto the kiosk and told the halfwit behind the glass that my bike spits out a squirt of fuel as it reaches the top of the filler neck, just before the fuel filler nozzel cuts out, and that my visor is PPE as a result of thier faulty equipment. I then told him I would happily remove my lid if he would accept all responsibility for whatever followed. Funny how people back down when you ask them to take responsibility.....

To be honest though, I can see why you'd want to keep you lid on for short periods, like filling up, grabbing a pint of mike from the newsagent etc, but I can't understand why you'd want to walk around a supermarket with it on ? How the hell do you avoid those grannies with wild trollies ??

For all our society rules pay lip service to equality, it's bolloxs. Fat people are exempt from wearing seatbelts, as are taxi drivers - why? sikhs don't have to wear helmets, and muslims (or even those claiming to be)can get away with walking through an airport security check without showing thier face, so what's the use of a passport ??

You gotta love this country.....

Having been a taxi driver (proper hackney), the last thing you want is anything that can be pulled around your neck.

I get the exact same thing with my local petrol station, which is at the bottom of my road. What makes it worse, is that all the staff in there recognise me and actually talk to me about the bikes all the time! However, if I try and walk in with my helmet on, they won't open the door! Frustrating to say the least! Especially if its pissing down with rain and all you want to do is pay them! Anyway, thanks for starting this Reabo, my rant is over!

Having to take your lid off anywhere is fine. You should not complain... unless you have a reason to hide your face?

What should happen is that this principle should apply to everyone else, from HoodRats to Muslims to whatever.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online