who are we all

liquidcooled
This post is 5419 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey All

I'm new here so be gentle :-P Fairly new rider. Passed my test this time last year, although had been running around on my little GN for quite some time. My first big bike was an XJ 600N. Always thought I would be a die hard suzuki fan after my GN served me so well but the XJ was all I could find in my price range. I have to say she turned me! after looking at a marauder for my second bike I realised I was cured! I didn't want it! the DragStar did something for me that the suzuki couldn't. Picking up the DragStar on Friday! I'm sooooooo excited I think i'm gonna pop. My name is John btw, 25, live in Bournemouth, originate from God's country and Looking forward to a long hot summer of laid back cruising. Any one who lives down my way and fancies a ride out any time just drop me a line!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys and girls,, i have a SR 250 SE old :blink: but i love it and still keeps on going.

I also like to fly model helicopters,, lifes is easy,,, eat sleep fly and ride :D and do the house work <_<

• 1 year later...

OK ill tell y'all about me my name is glen i am 40 and live in southern IL. (USA) after high school i got in to maritime fire fighting done that for 10 years after i left that i got into residential fire fighting EMS and hazmat op's been doing that for the last 12 years at this time a ride a 1996 xv 535

Well none of us want to admit it, but we're all a couple of sarnies short of a pic-nic, as you'll see

http://www.ratbike.org/motorcycho/outlawname.php

16, Male, Living in Newbury/Berkshire, starting in the RAF as an Aircraft Engineer in August (f*ck yeh!), currently ride a beaten-up DT50 which is not the fastest of the lot but gets me from A-to-B and is more comfy than any of these other peeshooters.

also like to go fishing, camping and fly/build model aircraft (aswell as planting them... not so fun :\)

male, 38, near las vegas nevada.

enjoy photography, fabrication, taking stuff apart, breaking broken things, photoshop, and of course: riding.

I’m Paul and I’m 31 years old, I know some of you lot think I’m older than that but actually I’ve been living a bit of a lie, you see I only chose that silly user name moniker so that I could join in Blackhat250’s posts about Garelli mopeds, my dad used to go on about those things all the time so I just learned about them through listening to him, I just thought It would do no harm and at the time it made me feel that I actually knew something about motorbikes…anyway, sorry guys, hope youre not mad with me… :rolleyes:

Paul

Hi, the names Ian, age 58, rode bikes from the age of 16 years to 22 years old (50cc - 250 cc) didn't take test, riding on L plate.

Sold the bike and bought a car (Vauxhall Victor FB, total rust bucket, eventually broke in half) had many cars over the years, got married, had kids, never really had spare money to buy a bike.

Worked a lot of overtime, eventually bought a beautiful XVS 125 two years ago and instantly became a cool dad and immediately won the admiration of my kids, friends and neighbours (wish I had bought one sooner).

Passed my CBT and gained road experience over the next 3 months, a large percentage of that time practicing U turns, then took my theory and test, passed both and had a ceremonial burning of L plates. Rode the 125 for 9 months and then bought an XVS 650, many visits to the shop with shiny chrome objects, kitted out the bike and now she is my pride and joy.

Loving every moment of motorcycling again and will carry on riding until the knees give out.

hi, well yet another paul i am 62yrs and have been riding bikes since the early sixties, i fell in love with motorbikes after

my older cousin took me on the back of his bonnie when i was 11 and have been hooked ever since, i am single and have 2 grown up sons neither of which like bikes, i hate mobile phones and people i meet that tell me motorbikes are dangerous

and ask me why i am still riding a bike at my age! wtf has age got to do with it.

Hi, my name is Cy and I'm motorcycleaholic. (waiting for everyone to say hi :blink: ).

I'm 51 years old, been riding since about 1980 and I'm on my 3rd bike. I still own and occasionally ride #2 and wish I still had #1 (75 Honda CL360) and am enjoying restoring and riding my latest find my 1980 XS1100.

I live in Sacramento California and have a wife, 4 kids, 9 grandkids and 2 chijuajuas and a basset hound. Oh, I have an 89 Camaro that sits in the driveway cause I'm too addicted to the bikes to get around to fixing it. :D

Just enjoying this, and a couple of other MC sites I frequent.

Sure Ive done this before but hey ho - here goes:-

Kelly, female 32 from Stoke on Trent. Had a premature mid life crisis I think back end of 2007 and went straight for the CBT (Never ridden a bike b4 - always had horses :blink:), got through that (it snowed & everyfink on the day), got mesen some lessons in the spring of 2008, passed my test 13th Aug and bought mesen a lovely specimen 1999 R6.

Love the bike and love the people ive met through being involved with the bike too :D Im a MotoGP maniac, especially 250 class and am Alvaro Bautista's biggest fan :blush: Met my lovely beau 2 months ago through the bike and im as happy as a happy thing on a happy day right now :cloud9:

well i'm Darren expat living in Malta (for now)Truck driver (unemployed) 45 in September started riding when about 10 1st bike a benelli monkey bike then a CZ175 Trails after that a Er125 Suzuki,kawasaki KH250 had a break for a few years then got a FZR1000 Exup and Kawasaki H2 FZR gone now just the Kawa and the DT250

My name is Chris I'm 25, currently living in Portsmouth where I went to Uni (and now work there) but originally from Bury, Lancs. Did my CBT last September and bought my SR125 which has been great fun. Did my theory test in February and will one day get round to doing the practical. I hope to do some touring in future years but for now my priority is saving for a round the world trip later this year, and the bike wont fit in my rucksack :(

Mike, 60 years old, riding 20 yrs, started on a Puch Maxi automatic which was embarrasing when I had to stop on an incline by a zebra crossing then had to push it til I got to a flat bit. Bought a 100 then a 125 then a 200 then two 250's. By then my lad was 6' tall and another embarrasing moment when we had to stop at the bottom of a hill and was a bit sluggish until we got some momentum going. That's when I decided to get my present bike an xj600 diversion and haven't looked back since.

Wow reading this thread I note, with amusement, a jump from 2004 to 2008 and then from March last year to yesterday, innit wierd. Must admit I never came across this thread when I first discovered this lovely, helpfull forum. Oldgit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you young git!!

anyway heres me

My name is Dr Big

I live in a hollowed out volcano

I plot global domination

I like fluffy cats

I am 50 yrs old. ish.

or, if you prefer that whole TRUTH thing. . .

anyway heres me

My name is Richard

I have 3 grandchildren

I live near Lincoln

I drive a lorry to earn beer tokens

I like cats

I am 38 yrs old

I have 3 grandchildren, yeah I put it twice - It's awesome

I ride a fast bike for fun, within

Paul, 37 and love two strokes, fix computers for a living - and no, not for PC World :o but a company called Sun Microsystems, love my cars as much as bikes and do a good few trips to the Nurburgring a year to give the car a sound talking to :D . Got two young sons and a VERY understanding wife.

Been riding since 16 on an RD50 then an RD125LC. Ended up with an RG500 - proper bloody animal that was but sold it for a GSXR1100. Sold that before I killed myself and after a (longish) break find myself in posession of a mint TZR250 2MA. Adore the bike, don't want anything else - had my fill of big power bikes, other than another RG500, prefer the lightness and nippyness of the small two strokes. The TZR will never be sold but will get lots of riding.

hi im dan im 17yrs at colage passed my test about 6 weeks ago now have a MT-03 2006 had a gilera DNA 50cc befor that for a year

been on bikes from when i was about 7 on the back with my mum or dad (who ever was riding) and been riding quads for the last 5 years

im a computer boff/gamer like modding bikes,computers or any thing i can lay my hands on lol :P

im a computer boff/gamer like modding bikes,computers or any thing i can lay my hands on lol :P

:yeahthat: but my names usman, uzi_999 on the email/forums..

in leyton, east london, born here, lived a year in birmingham, and nine years in nuneaton (to where i plan to ride to on a CBT in july - country lanes - ill stick up a thread on it in a bit *done clicky*)..

ermm, 21 years old (just about) been driving since 17, and riding past 8 months..

currently studying multimedia and internet systems engineering at city uni, london..

thats about it reeeaaaly :D