Decal replacement

King_Nothing
This post is 5240 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well after deciding I didn't like riding my bike vertically, a few months back, I've got a fairing and got the decal on order, so when it comes I want to get it on the bike as soon as possible.

Now being the nature of the decal, I've had to pay a king's ransom to Yamaha to get it, and don't want to fook it up when I try to put it on. Just wondering if anyone had any tips for putting it on correctly, or making it easier to do/adjust, as I know how sticky they are as I peeled off the old on, and know that it'll just warp if I stick it on incorrectly and need to take it off to adjust it.

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

use water to set the decal inplace, you can iron out any bubbles at this stage. the decal will need laquering if it is to survive long.

Well after deciding I didn't like riding my bike vertically, a few months back, I've got a fairing and got the decal on order, so when it comes I want to get it on the bike as soon as possible.

Now being the nature of the decal, I've had to pay a king's ransom to Yamaha to get it, and don't want to fook it up when I try to put it on. Just wondering if anyone had any tips for putting it on correctly, or making it easier to do/adjust, as I know how sticky they are as I peeled off the old on, and know that it'll just warp if I stick it on incorrectly and need to take it off to adjust it.

Cheers

hello king nothing sorry to hear about your unfortunate shimmy.In classic motorcycle mechanics

January 2010 edition it has a pic of an xj550 Dresda on the cover there is an article about applying decals

which you may find useful to you. happy xmas to all.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online