XVS950a Midnightstar

Cov_AL
This post is 5178 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm thinking it's time to do away with the the Custom 650 Dragstar, and the only bike that's really taking my fancy is the 950...

Slight problem is - I don't fancy spending £7000 without taking a test ride, but I can't find anywhere that's demo'ing one.

So, if you own one - can you give me any reasons I might not want one??

so far I've only got:

- I'd rather have foot pegs rather than footboards...

How are they in the wet?

Can you throw them around as much as you could the 650??

Done any mods?

(Santa might need a little financial help this year...)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have one - bought it new in February

I Love it

Compared to the 650 it has tons more grunt - well it will do wont it! :lol:

In the wet it's great, holds the road no bother and i've had every confidence in it when riding through some shite weather.

Hauls 2 up fully loaded with tent, panniers etc with ease.

The seating position is much comfier as the pullback is more on the bars.

You can chuck it around better than the 650 - i've scraped the footboards several times (once with a pillion :lol: ) cos you forget - it's that light. It has a belt drive too so doing away with the shaft makes it noticably light.

Haven't done any mods yet as it looks the dogs danglies as i is at the mo - but never say never! Plus i'm waitig for the prices of bits to come down cos being a spanking new model, mods cost the earth right now.

Very highly recommended from me - if you want to make the trip - come one over and test ride mine if you like :D

Hi Guys,

I know I keep saying it (sorry if it's getting tiresome), but I sell them. We don't just sell Yamaha though, and it has been far more popular thatn the other japanese custom/cruiser bikes this year.

We did have a demo available throughout the summer and it proved to be one of the more popular demos (We have around 30!). The demo sold as soon as it went up for sale, which can only be a good sign, Might also explain why you can't find one to try.

Not just saying it because Im a salesman (Boo...Hiss!), but they are very good bikes and you could do a lot worse! If there are any dealers with stock left right now, it'd be a good time to buy as they will want to get rid of them, winter, and they are still on 0% finance for about a week!

Don't forget the VAT rate is increasing, so waiting until the New Year will cost you an extra 2.5% for no reason.

Yamaha announced in a recent meeting that they will be increasing their prices around 2.5% across the range too!

Goff - I guess that applies to accessories too, so waiting may not be the best option!

Anyway, I hope this little insight into the crazy world of Yamaha UK helps!

Good Luck!

I recently sold my Honda Shadow Aero to buy the XVS 950 A

I am just waiting on the phone call to say "come and get it"

i fell in love with it the moment i layed eyes on it (a girly thing of corse)

Vibrant Red...yummmmmy.

This is all from just sitting on it as well..ive not test rode it. As they didn't have a test bike.

But, after reading a few forums i thought what the hell. :D

Det

correction...brought a 1300 instead (changed my mind as most women do..lol )

Hi Buy One , you will love it, see my post.

Terninator.

quote name='Cov_AL' date='08 December 2009 - 09:28 PM' timestamp='1260307683' post='109588']

I'm thinking it's time to do away with the the Custom 650 Dragstar, and the only bike that's really taking my fancy is the 950...

Slight problem is - I don't fancy spending £7000 without taking a test ride, but I can't find anywhere that's demo'ing one.

So, if you own one - can you give me any reasons I might not want one??

so far I've only got:

- I'd rather have foot pegs rather than footboards...

How are they in the wet?

Can you throw them around as much as you could the 650??

Done any mods?

(Santa might need a little financial help this year...)

Right then!

I popped up the local dealership on saturday...

The 650 should be on ebay by tonight and I'm taking a short test ride on saturday.

All being well it'll be mine to ride away before christmas!

This is gonna be the best christmas EVER! :D

I recently sold my Honda Shadow Aero to buy the XVS 950 A

I am just waiting on the phone call to say "come and get it"

i fell in love with it the moment i layed eyes on it (a girly thing of corse)

Vibrant Red...yummmmmy.

This is all from just sitting on it as well..ive not test rode it. As they didn't have a test bike.

But, after reading a few forums i thought what the hell. :D

Det

I rang up before they hit the UK shores - and the dealer rang me as it was being rolled off the wagon. 2 days later i bought it :D

Right then!

I popped up the local dealership on saturday...

The 650 should be on ebay by tonight and I'm taking a short test ride on saturday.

All being well it'll be mine to ride away before christmas!

This is gonna be the best christmas EVER! :D

WOOOHOOOOO!! You'll LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

I'm getting all giddy now!

The 650 is on ebay! (PM me if you want the link)

I've been looking on the DVLA for a suitable Reg

Starting to think - sod the test ride, just give me the bike!!

gonna try to phone my insurance provider tomorrow :)

p.s. Cheers for the test ride offer Goff - I think if I rode that far, I wouldn't be in a hurry to get on another bike though!

• 1 month later...

Wayhey!

:D :D :D

LOVE IT!!

Thanks for the heads up on the price increase Wattsy! saved myself a packet - the 0% finance only ran untill christmas eve as well...

Only managed about 250 miles so far with christmas/new year boozing and then shed loads of snow getting in the way, but one fine on the train and I'm back to biking to work!

RIMG0006.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online