Yamaha TCS fork pressures

FZ400_phil
This post is 5248 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey there guys. Just wondering if anyone could help me? I have a 1985 Fz400 that i have recently got back on the road. I have noticed that the front forks seem to be quite soft. They have the TCS (travel control system) on the top of the forks which is like a air valve which i prossume you fill with air to get the correct amount of travel. After pressing the centre of the valve no air came out which either means they are leaking or just empty. Does anyone know what PSI these should have in them?

Any advice or feedback much appreciated.

Phil.

Safe Biking.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey there guys. Just wondering if anyone could help me? I have a 1985 Fz400 that i have recently got back on the road. I have noticed that the front forks seem to be quite soft. They have the TCS (travel control system) on the top of the forks which is like a air valve which i prossume you fill with air to get the correct amount of travel. After pressing the centre of the valve no air came out which either means they are leaking or just empty. Does anyone know what PSI these should have in them?

Any advice or feedback much appreciated.

Phil.

Safe Biking.

God knows what the TCS bit is about, probably a gimmic that did something once upon a while. The air valves on the top, in theory allow you to stabilise the pressures in the forks and put a little bit (6psi) of air in to stop the oil of the time foaming. Waste of time, its such a tiddly amount of air the pressure changes with the time of day and the way you are riding.

They were on my rd, you could buy a link kit at the time 'que buch voice and rock music,"Dramatically improve your handling by dynamically balancing the forks". Which was actually "make me rich buying useless tat".

Decent oil changed every couple of years will make far more difference to the handling..

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online