So what is a DT175 1974 vintage worth ?

Flanker
This post is 5188 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all. A quick question. I have a 1974 DT 175 Trail. It has 1200 miles on the clock and is un damaged , just dusty/dirty. I know that I must not offer the bike for sale here, but I do wish to find out how much it may be worth. Or how to find out its value. If anyone can help I would be very grateful. Thanks. F PS If this post is in breach of the rules, then I apologize, and moderator please remove this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I paid $450.00 for mine. and it had issues when i got it. messed up carb, leaky fuel tank, no ingnition switch, no air cleaner assembly, and many other small issues. according to the odometer, it had 2600 miles.

i got the issues all sorted, and now i wouldnt want to part with it.

the important question as to its value is: does it run. and how does it sound when its rrunning?

Hello all. A quick question. I have a 1974 DT 175 Trail. It has 1200 miles on the clock and is un damaged , just dusty/dirty. I know that I must not offer the bike for sale here, but I do wish to find out how much it may be worth. Or how to find out its value. If anyone can help I would be very grateful. Thanks. F PS If this post is in breach of the rules, then I apologize, and moderator please remove this post.

How long is a piece of string, does it run? has it got paperwork?

Define 'just' dusty and dirty. That can mean its hiding a million sins. My DT came to me 20 years ago with only 2000 odd miles on it, after spending the first 3-4 years of its life on the privateer enduro circuit. Although it did only cost me 25 quid.

Ay up matey ... a few photos would help ... and a more detailed description ....

I suppose at the end of the day, its worth what someone will pay for it .... are you thinking of selling it???

Are you in the UK????

Regards,

shakey

• 2 months later...