125 dragstar? Vivargo? xvs?

Tom Clare
This post is 5260 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

quick question, im seeing people advertise for virago's, XVS & Dragstars in the yamaha range, are they the same vehicle just known differently? simple question, i know, but I'm getting confused! :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance! :duck:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Dear Tom,

Answer to your question is quite simple.

Earlier Yamaha Custom Bikes were given the name "Virago" [A tribe of fiery warlike women for anyone interested - don't ask me why though] Their official model code is XV for example XV535, XV750 etc.

When Yamaha changed to the more Cruiser like appearance, rather than Custom/Chopper styling, the range took on the name of Dragstar ( maybe Drag Star - not sure )Their official model code is XVS, for example XVS125, XVS650

As with all systems anomolies occur. For example the XV1600 is a Wild Star in Europe and Road Star in the States.

Also letters on the end of the engine size indicate a variant to standard. "S" usually indicates a model with more chromey bits, while "A" on the end of the Dragstar models indicates it is the "Classic" version with small diameter,fat front wheel and heavy duty fenders - should that be mudguard (no offence, Chris)

Hope that helps.

Viragoes are fairly small Cruisers, good for shorter riders.

Dragstars are long and low, best suited for taller riders (like meeeeeeeeeee).

Very different vehicles.

Parts are not interchangable.

Get one - They are cool!!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online