aerox variator

Busterb1993
This post is 5029 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a 2001 aerox, it had a the pm tuning 70 cc kit, pm tuning full circle crank, 21 mm carb, and a few other things.

The other day i was just riding down the road and it snapped a brand new drive belt any ideas why ? all i can think of is inperfections in the belt, or simply it couldnt cope with the power of the 70 kit so i bought my self a hebo belt and it has now ruined my variator, melted every roller, there was no warning for this happening just a sudden loss of power whist doing this it hqas rounded all the splines in variator and made the hole more of an oval,the variator is older than all the parts but it was a dopler one and it had just had new rollers any ideas ?

• 7 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have a 2001 aerox, it had a the pm tuning 70 cc kit, pm tuning full circle crank, 21 mm carb, and a few other things.

The other day i was just riding down the road and it snapped a brand new drive belt any ideas why ? all i can think of is inperfections in the belt, or simply it couldnt cope with the power of the 70 kit so i bought my self a hebo belt and it has now ruined my variator, melted every roller, there was no warning for this happening just a sudden loss of power whist doing this it hqas rounded all the splines in variator and made the hole more of an oval,the variator is older than all the parts but it was a dopler one and it had just had new rollers any ideas ?

i did this with a standerd 50 kit, just bought a polini kevlar belt and chewed it up in 5 days i ruined my variator and crank like you, i just stook with a normal belt and a polini variator from adrenaline pedstop, everything is running fine for now. every1 i no whos had a better belt on ther bikes has snaped it there a waste of monney

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online