JYA12R

Breaking 82 xs400 Maxim

WHAT THE HECK :wacko: Got my 82 Max home. Pulled the head, valve in the piston :(:( , dang! There are going to be alot of good parts from this bike. Let me know what you need...

ANYBODY?

IM000856.jpg

They were pretty sure it was just a rod that had started knocking when they parked it. It was very nice of them to open the piston so I could SEE THE ROD...

WHAT THE HECK :wacko: Got my 82 Max home. Pulled the head, valve in the piston :(:( , dang! There are going to be alot of good parts from this bike. Let me know what you need...

Hi, I was wondering if you're going to part out the whole bike? My 82 needs a long list of random parts.... I need to check it out in depth and see specifically what i need. I know I need the complete airbox assembly and the rubber boot that connects it to the carbs, (this was missing when I got the bike) the battery box (this was also missing), BOTH side panels, and now I'm having issues with the starter (maybe solenoid?) as well as the transmission and clutch. LOL that's the short list.

So..yeah If you are willing to part it all out, let me know, and I will come up with a specific list of what parts I need and you can let me know what/how much you want for them. Thanks!

Hi, I was wondering if you're going to part out the whole bike? My 82 needs a long list of random parts.... I need to check it out in depth and see specifically what i need. I know I need the complete airbox assembly and the rubber boot that connects it to the carbs, (this was missing when I got the bike) the battery box (this was also missing), BOTH side panels, and now I'm having issues with the starter (maybe solenoid?) as well as the transmission and clutch. LOL that's the short list.

So..yeah If you are willing to part it all out, let me know, and I will come up with a specific list of what parts I need and you can let me know what/how much you want for them. Thanks!

Sure, let me know...I'll get you some pics so you can see what they look like....

Sure, let me know...I'll get you some pics so you can see what they look like....

This is what I saw the first time I looked at the bike....

IM000795.jpg

I picked it up a few weeks later, brought it home, washed it off, put it in my shop and started breaking it down. It cleaned up pretty nice.

Hello, I am sorry to have kept you waiting so long, but I've had my hands more than full lately (been busy with a new job, and planning school...*ugh*)

So, if you still have the bike, I need:

the complete airbox/intake assembly and the rubber boot that connects it to the carbs

the battery box

left and right side panels

the starter

front brake caliper and master cylinder

front footpegs

the transmission

Apparently my '82 is more of a mess than i thought hahaha :(

If you still have these parts, I'd be very grateful if you could let me know a ballpark price you have in mind for them, Thanks!

Hello, I am sorry to have kept you waiting so long, but I've had my hands more than full lately (been busy with a new job, and planning school...*ugh*)

So, if you still have the bike, I need:

the complete airbox/intake assembly and the rubber boot that connects it to the carbs

the battery box

left and right side panels

the starter

front brake caliper and master cylinder

front footpegs

the transmission

Apparently my '82 is more of a mess than i thought hahaha :(

If you still have these parts, I'd be very grateful if you could let me know a ballpark price you have in mind for them, Thanks!

OK; I'll get you some pics and prices, the Battery box is built into the air box so that is two for one. :) Rick

im looking for a seat with good pan and good foam. Do you still have the seat available? i'm also in need of the full front brake assembly including reservoir and master. Cost?

im lookin for some passenger pegs if you got em and maybe a carb if it has exteral jets my pilot jets are internal meaning i have to take the float bowls off to adjust them. they're starting to piss me of i just cant get the fuel mix just right.

im looking for a seat with good pan and good foam. Do you still have the seat available? i'm also in need of the full front brake assembly including reservoir and master. Cost?

The seat is in perfect condition. No rips or tears. The front brake assembly has been asked for, I still have it and haven't heard from the lad that wanted it. I'll try to connect with him again about it. $100.00 seat; $65.00 Brake + shipping. Rick If interested let me know, I'll post pics.....

how the hell does the seat come off and how and where did you get that sissybar

Open the storage at the back of the seat with the Ing. key; you will see two wing nuts, take them off and lift/slide the seat off. It was on the bike. It is nice for a passenger. Might let it go for a price, let me know if interested and will post better pics. Rick

im lookin for some passenger pegs if you got em and maybe a carb if it has exteral jets my pilot jets are internal meaning i have to take the float bowls off to adjust them. they're starting to piss me of i just cant get the fuel mix just right.

I have the passenger pegs, good condition, no rubber or chrome pbls, the end plates need to be freshend (polished or painted). $15.00 + shipping. If interested I'll post pics. Rick

I may have a bad clutch so let me know about the Transmission. Thanks!

I still have the tranny and the clutch parts look good if you need something. I'll check with the lad that wanted the tranny to see if he still needs it. Later, Rick

Hi,

I might be interested in the timing chain if its salvagable and price, I am looking at picking up an 82 xs400 with a bad timing chain for $200-$250 but it looks like the timing chain is a discontinued part... Or I might pick it up anyway to part it out...

Thanks

this thread is 10 months old now so itsclosed, PM the vendor if he is still around