R125 insurance - £1700....?

malthus101
This post is 4709 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

lol when was your last claim? if its over 5 years ago then they dont care lol but probs best giving them a ring, helps if the bike is locked in a secure shed on the garden or secured garage with security cameras ;)

iv just told them the truth that mine is at the back of the house with a chain(cheep oxford ones) on both wheels (the chains are concreted into the floor) and that i only do about 6000 miles a year commuting to work and social.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol when was your last claim? if its over 5 years ago then they dont care lol but probs best giving them a ring, helps if the bike is locked in a secure shed on the garden or secured garage with security cameras  ;)

iv just told them the truth that mine is at the back of the house with a chain(cheep oxford ones) on both wheels (the chains are concreted into the floor) and that i only do about 6000 miles a year commuting to work and social.

last claim, April this year, one before was March this year. Its kept in my kitchen and is alarmed/immobilized and locked at all other times, also alpha dot'ed. tpft. SDP only. 2000 m/per year.

Also add i have modifications on my bike (silencer), which my current insurers don't have a problem with, but it seems rampdale may do, because when i ticked that box i was told i had to phone for a quote also.

Received an email saying rampdale will be in touch, so its watch this space kind of thing i guess. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the pointers though, i'll let you know the outcome. 

iv always talked to them direct and always got a better quote. but yeah keep me informed m8.

bloody hell m8

iv just gone on go compare and put in my details for your bike (but with no years claims and also didnt put in that iv made a claim) and got £165 tpft with £500 excess

or £325 with £250 excess tpft! here is something to try stick in de556gj for the postcode and see if its just ur area.

bloody hell m8

iv just gone on go compare and put in my details for your bike (but with no years claims and also didnt put in that iv made a claim)  and got £165 tpft with £500 excess

or £325 with £250 excess tpft! here is something to try stick in de556gj for the postcode and see if its just ur area.

tbh I'm pretty sure the combination of both the area i live and the claims push it up quite a bit, I'm covered until next June/July ish , so ill get a proper quote closer to the time. I was just intrigued to see if rampdale were any cheaper than my current insurer.

fair dues m8 just try and not make another claim, then at least you will have 1 years no claims which should help lower the price a bit.

when i first started to ride, some moon ago, i got me a 11year old bike, heap of well yes,

and i had my new bike insuranced as a second bike, worked out lot cheaper, not sure if you can still do it, i think you can, good luck

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

R125 08 plate..first bike, no experience, passed CBT 2 months before buying the bike, 20 years old at the time of purchase, female....£550 TPFT from MCE :) Quite satisfied.

Dirty DT - the thread may be old but new info could be useful to some...I was on this forum myself when looking up bike insurance quotes ;)

......................Dirty DT - the thread may be old but new info could be useful to some...I was on this forum myself when looking up bike insurance quotes ;)

Well that told me!