petrol prices

waynemorris
This post is 5229 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Who is taxing us?

March on them and physically remove them.

History has shown that this does work, so long as people follow it through and don't back down like they did during teh Dissolution Of The Monasteries.

While you're there, replace them with a government who will implement things like Hydrogen powered engine technology (which is already available in California).

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ohmy.gifohmy.gif '£46.00 for 4 ltrs!' sad.gifsad.gif

I'm glad I sold my last two stroke bike to some unsuspecting dick ed! biggrin.gif

ATB

J

that cost dissapears when i twist the grip,its also insured for an agreed value of £2500 ,thats £2000 more than i paid for it,whos the dick ed? dick ed.

that cost dissapears when i twist the grip,its also insured for an agreed value of £2500 ,thats £2000 more than i paid for it,whos the dick ed? dick ed.

'Agreed value' but only if its stolen by a one legged, brown eyed ginger haired puff while the bike is stored in your bedroom wardrobe on a Thursday morning in June while its snowing.

They must have had a day off in the office the day they sold you THAT policy! B);):rolleyes:

ATB

J

I can't remember how many years ago it was but when the petrol tanker drivers went on strike it nearly brought the country to a standstill. There was panic everywhere at the petrol pumps.

Of all the strikes this country has had I think that has been the worst. I was even using my lawnmower petrol to top up the bike. What really sucks is when the strikers hurt the innocent public, Their problem has nothing to do with us but it is we that suffers!

Going back even longer, I was working the pumps in the seventies when petrol was rationed to £2.00 per customer. There were nearly fights at the pumps by customers demanding more petrol. On a lighter side a lady driver pulled in and after filling her with £2.00 worth of petrol she asked me to check her oil, I pulled her dipstick out, wiped it with my rag and noticed that the oil was low so jokenly said "you need a longer dipstick"

"Do you sell them?" she asked.

take a page out the french book,

take a page out the french book,

No, definitely not! In the past They have stopped our lorries when entering France and set light to them full of live sheep.

The only way is solidarity which we do not have, if every vehicle that uses fuel boycotted one major refinery they would have to reduce prices at the pump and then I presume all others would follow.

The only problem is, which I said in an earlier post, is that without fuel, as a nation we are totally fucked.

"THE FRENCH WON'T BUY OUR LAMB, I WONT BUY THEIR LETTERS"

No, definitely not! In the past They have stopped our lorries when entering France and set light to them full of live sheep.

The only way is solidarity which we do not have, if every vehicle that uses fuel boycotted one major refinery they would have to reduce prices at the pump and then I presume all others would follow.

The only problem is, which I said in an earlier post, is that without fuel, as a nation we are totally fucked.

"THE FRENCH WON'T BUY OUR LAMB, I WONT BUY THEIR LETTERS"

I would boycott a refinery if i thought i was not the only one doing it however what is the actual cost of our fuel before tax, more tax and vat and as vat goes back to 17.5% at the new year fuel will go up again and before long we will all be paying 20% vat and fuel will go up again. Maybe the only solution is to be an MP then you can claim it on expenses :P

huh.gif what can we do about the cost of fuel as a forum?

Appoint me as Prime Minister and you lot as my government officials - im sure we can have this country back on its feet in no time......starting with turfing out those fuckin asylum seekers living in a £1.5m mansion paid for by housing benefit and who are raking in £400 PER WEEK in benefits, while our soldiers are in desperate need of equipment that they cannot get due to a lack of funds.

The Government of (what used to be) Great Britain are nothing but a bunch of leeching fuckwits.

since buying my bike last year and not driving my suburban much anymore. i kinda quit paying attention to gas prices. I know that i can put $1.00 in the tank and go to and from work without a problem. all was going fine until i had been riding for 9 months or so. every evening i would put a dollars worth of fuel in the tank and go to work and back. after about 9 months, i started noticing that i was not getting as far. i would have to switch over to reserve about a block from home. after a few weeks it was 1/2 mile. as time went on i began to worry that my old bike was losing fuel economy. needing a tuneup, or worse.

then it dawned on me that my mileage wasnt going down... gas prices had been going up.

(duh on me)

Candidates for Prime Minister:

Goff

Jeremy Clarkson

Capt. Richard Burton (need a time machine for that one)

Goff

Jeremy Clarkson

Capt. Richard Burton (need a time machine for that one)

its goff all the way for me.biggrin.gif

Goff, as prime minister

Jeremy Clarkson, minority liason officer to ensure they are treated 'properly'

Capt. Richard Burton, complaints

Forcefull mistress for me too.(Did i say that out loud.....?)