petrol prices

waynemorris
This post is 5228 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I can't remember how many years ago it was but when the petrol tanker drivers went on strike it nearly brought the country to a standstill. There was panic everywhere at the petrol pumps.

Of all the strikes this country has had I think that has been the worst. I was even using my lawnmower petrol to top up the bike. What really sucks is when the strikers hurt the innocent public, Their problem has nothing to do with us but it is we that suffers!

Going back even longer, I was working the pumps in the seventies when petrol was rationed to £2.00 per customer. There were nearly fights at the pumps by customers demanding more petrol. On a lighter side a lady driver pulled in and after filling her with £2.00 worth of petrol she asked me to check her oil, I pulled her dipstick out, wiped it with my rag and noticed that the oil was low so jokenly said "you need a longer dipstick"

"Do you sell them?" she asked.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry make that £1.22 up again this week

:o f**Kin hell wher are you buyin your petrol from? im goin tesco and its 1.05.9 and that is robing me. im glad im noy goin where your goin for yours pal

:o f**Kin hell wher are you buyin your petrol from? im goin tesco and its 1.05.9 and that is robing me. im glad im noy goin where your goin for yours pal

Only a few places on the island to buy petroland diesel think it is one of the most expensive places to buy fuel in britian on the bright side our roads were voted among the worst !! :angry:

Only a few places on the island to buy petroland diesel think it is one of the most expensive places to buy fuel in britian on the bright side our roads were voted among the worst !! :angry:

I got 15litres on the north (scotland) coast from one of those post office/shop/petrolpump/vet/doctor/supermarket all-in-one community things in September and it cost me £20 and some pennies...... that's a whopping £1.33 a litre! Fair enough there wasn't another petrol station for miles and miles and it's a community thing, so travveling to Tesco's 80 miles away for fuel is a bit of a problem, but even so, it's still a bit much. The pub in Applcross gives you a gallon for a £5, again it's a community thing.

Isn't it funny how we are butt-fucked with the price of petrol and hardly anyone makes a fuss.....

Yet 2 annoying little fuckwits with no talent get through to another round on the X-Factor and the whole country complains.....

Something is very wrong indeed.......

so john and edward are called Jedward its a pity they where not called Peter and Rick

Its just lept from 107 to 113/l at Beaconsfield services on the M40 (Jct2). Diesel is even more, a nats under 115.

Its just lept from 107 to 113/l at Beaconsfield services on the M40 (Jct2). Diesel is even more, a nats under 115.

:o fkin hell wel i know never to go the for fuel

Its about 1.06--107 , in north east here,, But fuck them , am on the cooking oil rolleyes.gif 75 ppl. new, and 35ppl for old oil filterd, Has to be conventonal diesel engine[ bosch pumps]

These new fandangled fly by wire ECU , are no use ,,

i stay just out side edinburgh. about 15 min from the big bp plant. it is 111P here but i work in edinburgh and it is 103P and thay is like 45-50 min from the bp plant. how can it cost them less to get it in to edinburgh

and on top of the petrol prices ,oil is on the price hike too ,silkolene 2 stroke £46.00 for 4 ltr,so if like me you run a two stroke ,you get fucked over twice as much, all i can say is (theiving jipsy bastards)they must need the incom.mad.gif and for what, ??? well you tell me.

and on top of the petrol prices ,oil is on the price hike too ,silkolene 2 stroke £46.00 for 4 ltr,so if like me you run a two stroke ,you get fucked over twice as much, all i can say is (theiving jipsy bastards)they must need the incom.mad.gif and for what, ??? well you tell me.

And to top it all-VAT returns to 17.5% in January, am gonna be usin the bikes more next year me thinks :mellow:

Rah rah rah, rah rah rah, rah rah rah, rah rah rah, rah rah rah.........

Ranty bollocks......

Who is actually going to DO something, then?

Everyone complains. No-one DOES anything to stop it.

Will you?

Ranty bollocks......

Will you?

What exactly can be done. Boycotting won't work unless on a mass scale and thats never going to happen with the myopic sheep that most of the population can generally be described as. Truck drivers had a go at blockades and rolling stoppages, police used laws passed in an emergency vote to brake up the protests with military personell at the refinary's.

Any gathering of people to protest about fuel will be shunned by people as soon as it starts to happen fuel companies trot out the "If it continues prices will have to rise" bullshit.

Of course if you are part of a 'sensitive sub group' and stub your toe the government will give you thousands.

So TTask, speaking as part of what seems to be a more and more totalitarian country, what can we do?

Portugal is not all bad apparently...........

Ranty bollocks......

Will you?

Yes i will!

I have been on all the biker fuel protests that I can - Me and LTR went on the first one, and we told folk on here we were going - lots said the were coming ad would meet us and only me and him turned up!!

I'll continue to go on the protests and do whatever i can to help!!

Yes i will!

I have been on all the biker fuel protests that I can - Me and LTR went on the first one, and we told folk on here we were going - lots said the were coming ad would meet us and only me and him turned up!!

I'll continue to go on the protests and do whatever i can to help!!

i went on two ,but i didnt know you then ,and were did it get us ? oh yes price inceases a week later.if the fuel tax comes down you will be taxed else were,like something you need such as food.

Didn't old Satan, erm, Sadam have the right idea ? if you want cheap Oil, invade a country with little or no defense and take it !

Scotland perhaps ?? :o:o

and on top of the petrol prices ,oil is on the price hike too ,silkolene 2 stroke £46.00 for 4 ltr,so if like me you run a two stroke ,you get fucked over twice as much, all i can say is (theiving jipsy bastards)

:o:o '£46.00 for 4 ltrs!' :( :(

I'm glad I sold my last two stroke bike to some unsuspecting dick ed! :D

ATB

J

Didn't old Satan, erm, Sadam have the right idea ? if you want cheap Oil,t ! invade a country with little or no defense and take i

Scotland perhaps ?? :o:o

you could have started a new topic with that one gas up My cousin works in oil industry and lives in Stonehaven and fuel is not as cheap there as it is down south In fact further south you go the cheaper it gets so maybe you,ve already done that (invade a country with little or no defense and take it) anyway rant over and im off to watch braveheart again :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online