petrol prices

waynemorris
This post is 5254 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i dont know about all use bike riders owt ther but the price of petrol is startin to go wel over the top now and the worse thing is that no1 can do anyfin about it i mean wot is it u pay tax and insure and ur m.o.t but you cant go out on our bikes asmuch because on top on your tax and insure thers petrol that is over 106 a ltr. somethin or some 1 as got to get the price down to les than £1. ino plenty of bikers that say ther bikers and have half a bike at home in bits but thay sit in the pub all day ther the bikers that arnt boverd about price of petrol coz thay dont go out and spend ther money on petrol like me coz i love goin out on my bike no mater wot n thats why its startin to p me of about the price of petrol.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree entirely.

I think our lovely government is doing a great job and if they increase the price of petrol (most of which is tax anyway), they will have more money with which to run our country even better.

If the 51 million (approx) mindless morons who complain to hell and back about the price of petrol, but still continue buying it, really want to change something - All they have to do is stop buying it.

Seriously, seriously, seriously - You want it to stop, you stop it.

Within a single year of no-one buying petrol and diesel, the price will hit the floor. If it were up to me, I'd ban the lot of you from buying it. Yes, your lives will be affected, so will every business, corporation, farm, service and private individual.

But with no-one buying it, the entire country (and some very influential corporations) will pressure the fuel companies into dropping prices pretty sharpish.

But it'll never happen because the British public are nothing more than bleating sheep, waiting for someone else to sort their problems out.

I disagree entirely.

I think our lovely government is doing a great job and if they increase the price of petrol (most of which is tax anyway), they will have more money with which to run our country even better.

If the 51 million (approx) mindless morons who complain to hell and back about the price of petrol, but still continue buying it, really want to change something - All they have to do is stop buying it.

Seriously, seriously, seriously - You want it to stop, you stop it.

Within a single year of no-one buying petrol and diesel, the price will hit the floor. If it were up to me, I'd ban the lot of you from buying it. Yes, your lives will be affected, so will every business, corporation, farm, service and private individual.

But with no-one buying it, the entire country (and some very influential corporations) will pressure the fuel companies into dropping prices pretty sharpish.

But it'll never happen because the British public are nothing more than bleating sheep, waiting for someone else to sort their problems out.

Thats probably true yes, an even easier way would be to bring pressure on individual oil companys and carry on buying from others...who shall we start with then?

I notice that it was 'Bikers' who had the loudest voice last time the fuel companys held the country to ransom...which just happened to coincide with the start of the economic downturn...which then ended up with recession. :angry:

an even easier way would be to bring pressure on individual oil companys and carry on buying from others...who shall we start with then?

Easy - Who's the most expensive?

Thats probably true yes, an even easier way would be to bring pressure on individual oil companys and carry on buying from others...who shall we start with then?

The greater part of the fuel used is gobbled up by companies sending their reptiles and other company personell around the country. They get a considerable amout of that tax back.

As for the price, too many softies will just keep using the car for the sake of it. In my village this afternoon i walked the 3/4 mile or so to pick the kids up. The woman who lives next door DRIVES, by the time she has got through the crush of traffic I was home first.

Add to that all the people who seem to relish a 1-2 hour commute for work,they have to buy the fuel. I don't understand the commute thing. Thats life time you are giving away for free. It takes me 10minutes to get to work, its one of the reasons i work there, its certanly not for the company ;) .

Short answer is were fcuked as far as the price of fuel goes. Now its gone over a pound a litre it won't stop till it hits a new hot spot price that gets the press interested, but all that will happen is the chancellor will put back the date of his tax hike to avoid the spotlight, like the August hikes we have now that pass un noticed.

Our political system is corupt and selfserving, controlled by the media and large cash 'donations' from large corporations. Untill the whole stack of bile collapses under its own corruption we are stuck.

So why do they call you 'Cynic', then? :lol:

So why do they call you 'Cynic', then? :lol:

I like realist but it means the same thing. Your not disagreeing with me though Ttask eh.

an even easier way would be to bring pressure on individual oil companys and carry on buying from others...:

Nope, that won't work either.

There are 8 refineries in the UK, and people like Asda, Morrisons, Tesco will buy from whoever is giving the best deal. The likes of Esso, BP and Shell will produce and sell in thier own franchised shops, but these shops are owned and run by independent buisiness people (who make a fixed price per litre, usually a few pence) - so this approach would only hut them. If you did boycott say, Shell then the slack in the market would be taken up by the others, and when they reached peak production they would more have to go to Shell and buy from them to meet demand, furthermore if Shell did reduce prices them the supermarkets would no doubt buy this stock up. Yes cheaper fuel but the problem is it would never hurt the producers, only the distribution shops.

The problem isn't with the fuel producers, it's the double taxation that the government takes. First they add fuel duty, then VAT. So you pay VAT on the Duty that the goverment takes! Considering the government is practically bankrupt (apart from owning a lot of failing banks) they are going to sting us for every penny they can. Personally I'd preffer they took the money from fuel rather than income tax, this way I can choose not to ride/drive to deny them thier cut, if they took it from income then it would be gone and there's bugger all we can do about it! They are is a difficult place though, add VAT and the economy shrinks, unemployment goes up and tax recipts go down (while payments go up), take it out of tax and spending falls, the economy shrinks etc etc. Take it from fuel and we all have a bitch and carry on regardless......

how much do YOC members pay £1.20 for diesel and think its £1.15

Its about 1.06--107 , in north east here,, But fuck them , am on the cooking oil rolleyes.gif 75 ppl. new, and 35ppl for old oil filterd, Has to be conventonal diesel engine[ bosch pumps]

These new fandangled fly by wire ECU , are no use ,,

Its about 1.06--107 , in north east here,, But fuck them , am on the cooking oil rolleyes.gif 75 ppl. new, and 35ppl for old oil filterd, Has to be conventonal diesel engine[ bosch pumps]

These new fandangled fly by wire ECU , are no use ,,

Always thought there was something fishy about you john :lol:

52p a litre for the rangy (LPG) don't forget thats ofset by averaging 12-14 to the gallon, otherwise its around 105-109 around Northampton.

Isn't it funny how we are butt-fucked with the price of petrol and hardly anyone makes a fuss.....

Yet 2 annoying little fuckwits with no talent get through to another round on the X-Factor and the whole country complains.....

Something is very wrong indeed.......

Isn't it funny how we are butt-fucked with the price of petrol and hardly anyone makes a fuss.....

Yet 2 annoying little fuckwits with no talent get through to another round on the X-Factor and the whole country complains.....

Something is very wrong indeed.......

I can't remember how many years ago it was but when the petrol tanker drivers went on strike it nearly brought the country to a standstill. There was panic everywhere at the petrol pumps.

Of all the strikes this country has had I think that has been the worst. I was even using my lawnmower petrol to top up the bike. What really sucks is when the strikers hurt the innocent public, Their problem has nothing to do with us but it is we that suffers!

Going back even longer, I was working the pumps in the seventies when petrol was rationed to £2.00 per customer. There were nearly fights at the pumps by customers demanding more petrol. On a lighter side a lady driver pulled in and after filling her with £2.00 worth of petrol she asked me to check her oil, I pulled her dipstick out, wiped it with my rag and noticed that the oil was low so jokenly said "you need a longer dipstick"

"Do you sell them?" she asked.

Just a matter of interest how much do YOC members pay for fuel at the pumps i pay over £1.20 for diesel and think its £1.15 for unleaded on Island of Arran !!! Can anyone top that?

Not sure if it's a topper but we run between $2.31 USD and $2.49 USD a gallon here. Up and down for no real reason, or is that called "profit taking"?

$2.49 a Gallon...

It's 106.9p/litre here, which works out at £4.86 a gallon, which is $8.11 when converted to dollars. Thats over 3x the US price.

This is precisely why I use my 110mpg bike for most journeys now and have sold my 20mpg car.

she asked me to check her oil," I pulled my dipstick out, " You dirty bugger Mike, wiped it with her rag "you need a longer dipstick" Customer is always right" laugh.gif