Soldiers need your bike mags!!

Ttaskmaster
This post is 3963 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Wow, just had a peek at your profile Curlygirl

has anyone ever told you that you bear more than a resemblance to Julia Roberts ? :blush:

Lol do I?

Two parcels of magazines sent today :)

Stay safe out there, guys 'n' gals. We're all thinking of you.

CG x

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

has anyone ever told you that you bear more than a resemblance to Julia Roberts ? :blush:

Down boy!... :P

im'a have to find a few mags to send out, i could well be out there myself soon...

I'd have said Miranda Otto, as in Éowyn in Lord Of The Rings....

Send 'em anyway!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi Andy

it would be my pleasure to help our boys out with some reading material.

i will be sending all of my mags onto you in the future.

on sunday i was on the afghan heroes rideout in wotton bassett,it was amazing to see all the support from bikers and al the residents for our troops out there.

it was an honour to be part of such a momentous and worthy event.

cheers to you all and keep your heads down.

Marcus

Forwarded message:

"All

Some help please, I am currently running a camp in Helmand Province in Afghanistan and I would like to get as many people as possible to send my blokes( many are v keen motorbikers) your read bike mags. I appologises for the direct approach but due to having to cater for everyones tastes bike mags are not delivered as part of our Operational welfare package.

The postage is free (up to 2kg), all it would cost is the envelope.

The postal address if you would like to help is:

QM

TFH

Lashkar Gar

BFPO 715

Any help will be greatly appreciated and all mags will be read many times.

Thanks,

Major Andy Lothian"

• 2 months later...

Like Marcus, I was at the Wootton Bassett Afghan Heroes ride too. Was an awesome day and also felt immensely privileged to be a part of it, able to show my gratitude to all the Armed Forces personnel, (active and sadly fallen), and Wootton Bassett.

Bike mags and MCNs still being send out every few weeks or so as a matter of course, in fact I have a parcel ready to go today :)

• 6 months later...

Hi Andy,

I've just joined the forum and was having a mooch about when I came across your post. Are you still accepting bike mags. If so I'll post your thread on one of my club's forum.

Rob D.

Forwarded message:

"All

Some help please, I am currently running a camp in Helmand Province in Afghanistan and I would like to get as many people as possible to send my blokes( many are v keen motorbikers) your read bike mags. I appologises for the direct approach but due to having to cater for everyones tastes bike mags are not delivered as part of our Operational welfare package.

The postage is free (up to 2kg), all it would cost is the envelope.

The postal address if you would like to help is:

QM

TFH

Lashkar Gar

BFPO 715

Any help will be greatly appreciated and all mags will be read many times.

Thanks,

Major Andy Lothian"

I hope so.... 'cos I'm still sending 'em !!

(plus various car mags courtesy of my boyfriend, who incidentally is also out in theatre 'til March :( )

The Post Office ladies know me by first name now :D

I hope so.... 'cos I'm still sending 'em !!

(plus various car mags courtesy of my boyfriend, who incidentally is also out in theatre 'til March :( )

The Post Office ladies know me by first name now :D

Thanks CurlyGirl. I'll post a thread on my club's forum right away. Ironically at our last meeting a guy had a load of old Bike mags that were up for grabs if anyone wanted them. I'll see if he still has them. And I hope the big bloke upstairs keeps your fella safe.

Rob D.

I'd have said Miranda Otto, as in Éowyn in Lord Of The Rings....

mo.jpg

mmmm, Miranda is a ginger and therefore as mad as a monkey, probably ?

And,,drumrole,,,Julia is a 'red-head' :huh: ,,,,,,,,,oh dear :(

and probably is as mad as a monkey too ,,,,,,

julia_roberts.jpg

:) Many thanks, Rob. That's really kind of you.

Yes, I'm sure the guys 'n' gals out there would love to get the mags. Getting post is a major highlight, so I'm told, and I don't doubt I'd feel any different if it were me out there.

Ttaskmaster, meant to ask, are you in touch with Andy Lothian, or did you pass on the request via another website?

It was forwarded down through about fifty different bike clubs, via another fifty.

Googling, it only shows up on bike forums, though.

If you're still suspicious, use this instead:

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

No idea, but can't be any harm in sending them.

Feel free to send other stuff as well - Anything but issues of NUTS magazine! :D