Soldiers need your bike mags!!

Ttaskmaster
This post is 3963 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Forwarded message:

"All

Some help please, I am currently running a camp in Helmand Province in Afghanistan and I would like to get as many people as possible to send my blokes( many are v keen motorbikers) your read bike mags. I appologises for the direct approach but due to having to cater for everyones tastes bike mags are not delivered as part of our Operational welfare package.

The postage is free (up to 2kg), all it would cost is the envelope.

The postal address if you would like to help is:

QM

TFH

Lashkar Gar

BFPO 715

Any help will be greatly appreciated and all mags will be read many times.

Thanks,

Major Andy Lothian"

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sounds like a mighty easy way to provide a small bit of home comfort to the guys out there.

Someone must know, but to get the free BFPO do you take it to the post office ? or do any of the other carriers do this ?

Sounds like a mighty easy way to provide a small bit of home comfort to the guys out there.

Someone must know, but to get the free BFPO do you take it to the post office ? or do any of the other carriers do this ?

darren take it to any main crown post office,up to 2kg postage is free as i send stuff to mates from my ex unit.

for all info on bfpo this link will give you info.

http://www.bfpo.mod.uk/how_to_address_your_mail.htm

on the left hand side under quick links will give you any info you need.

all my motorcycle news get sent and any mags i buy, they will be really grateful.

Forwarded message:

"All

Some help please, I am currently running a camp in Helmand Province in Afghanistan and I would like to get as many people as possible to send my blokes( many are v keen motorbikers) your read bike mags. I appologises for the direct approach but due to having to cater for everyones tastes bike mags are not delivered as part of our Operational welfare package.

QM

TFH

Lashkar Gar

BFPO 715

Thanks,

Major Andy Lothian"

ive got loads to send and ive just pasted your help call on the blackbird site im sure they will wont to help to keep up the good work stay safe

its now on the blackbird site and they said its also on honda club and i will b down the post office inthe morning

they will b boged down with bike mags

To be honest, I see no reason why we can't send other 'fringe interest' magazines and things.

I bet some of them would love copies of Fishing Weekly (senior officer), Model Collector Monthly (RSM), Flower Pressing Review (2nd Lt.), Guns And Ammo (Staff Sergeant), Penthouse (NCOs)or Readers Wives (squaddie).

Send lots of mags!!!

• 3 weeks later...

To be honest, I see no reason why we can't send other 'fringe interest' magazines and things.

I bet some of them would love copies of Fishing Weekly (senior officer), Model Collector Monthly (RSM), Flower Pressing Review (2nd Lt.), Guns And Ammo (Staff Sergeant), Penthouse (NCOs)or Readers Wives (squaddie).

Send lots of mags!!!

Mags it is then lads

Kind regards to all out there.

Rob

Not wanting to pi$$ on anyone good intentions here, and I'm sure one or two of the old (or not-so-old) soldiers will be able to comment on this, but it might be wise to hold off until after Christmas.

It's widely reported that BFPO is struggling to cope, and with Christmas coming surely the priority should be letter and gifts from loved ones, however good out intentions are.

I'd hate to think that a parcel from a wife/mother/daughter to a soldier doesn't get through because of a few mags that could easily have waited a couple of weeks.

Wadayasay ??

Good advice, GasUp!!

Not wanting to pi$$ on anyone good intentions here, and I'm sure one or two of the old (or not-so-old) soldiers will be able to comment on this, but it might be wise to hold off until after Christmas.

It's widely reported that BFPO is struggling to cope, and with Christmas coming surely the priority should be letter and gifts from loved ones, however good out intentions are.

I'd hate to think that a parcel from a wife/mother/daughter to a soldier doesn't get through because of a few mags that could easily have waited a couple of weeks.

Wadayasay ??

BFPO is not struggling to cope,the only time there has been a problem was when the royal mail were subjected to the one day strikes.

mail provides an essential link with home for all service men and women,for many service personnel it means the difference between a good day and a bad day so keep sending your mags.

royal mail has a good relationship with BFPO and handles half a million bags a year destined for troops all over the world. mail from your post offices is collected and sent to BFPO,s distribution office in greenford ,middlesex and sorted by service personnel then sent to RAF northolt where its sent to its destination.

as an ex serviceman i can tell you there is nothing better as a morale booster than to recieve something from home family or friends. so keep sending.

BFPO is not struggling to cope,

Maybe I should have qualified that statement a little ! What I meant was 'struggling to get everything through (due to the ammount) along with the extra mail and esential suplies'

We can only go by what is reported in the media, yes I know it's as accurate as a sun dial on a wet day, but that's all there is apart form folk like yourself who can comment on this from another angle.

I guess it makes no difference now, as given that the royal mail can't get a letter 100 miles in 2 days, anything sent now will no doubt miss any Christmas parcels anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Forwarded message:

"All

QM

TFH

Lashkar Gar

BFPO 715

Thanks,

Major Andy Lothian"

Wow, just had a peek at your profile Curlygirl

has anyone ever told you that you bear more than a resemblance to Julia Roberts ? :blush: