Blue smoke from exhaust...

EwOkIE
This post is 5282 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Right before I go on i have made various posts, as no one seems to read them I will make a big one :)

I have a YZF750R 1995/6 bike with 27K on the clock

Recently had new emulsion tubes fitted from factory pro (with there settings)

New plugs,filter and change.

Supposingly, by garage had new shims and compression fixed (thats debatable at the moment)

At start up I get blue smoke and a good wiff of it too (only for a few seconds, doesnt matter if bikes cold or warm)

and when throttles fully opened up on motorway... over 100+ :)

Notice on a good run over 4-6 hrs could lose a bit of oil when checked at the end of the day.

So I have read various posts regarding : AMETECH OIL, SEAFOAM, STP Stop Smoke, LIQUI MOLY ENGINE LEAK STOPPER

Has anyone used these products, does it help??

As theres mentions to wet/dry/paper clutch systems eh?

Any help would be appreciated and would help other riders in the same situation.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

I have used STP smoke treatment on my bro's old Exup 1000 as that had taken up the smoking habit - It did stop the smoking after it had had a chance to circulate. It's thick gloopy stuff - a bit like treacle, and you add it when you do an oil change. It's worth remembering though that the smoking is indicative of an underlying problem that needs more in depth attention.

http://www.stp.com/oil_smoke.php

P.S. You can pick this up at most motor factors, or Ebay.

That blue smoke is oil being burnt. oil is either 1) getting past a gasket to the combustion chamber and burning or 2) it is leaking from the cylinder(sp) into the exhaust pipe and smoldering. Check your torque settings on your head bolts and if they are at specs, I would suspect the head gasket. Have a compression leak down test done to check if your piston rings are worn.

Yeah, as stated before the garage is supposed to have done a valve compression test they said it was low and they changed gaskets, shims etc.

So STP stop leak , so thats an oil change and then add this stuff? or do i drain this when doing the oil change?

Thanks

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online