Faded yam gauges

Jordan Mohawk Missiaen
This post is 5258 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone,

I have faded and cracked gauge faces on my '76 xs500 and I am wondering if anyone knows how to disassemble them to replace the faces. A how-to guide would be awesome, or a video, or any tips really. Also, does anyone know where to find replacement faces for older yamahas? I've found lots of stuff for hondas, but not yams.

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I would love to know the same thing. The face on my speedo is loose, so it bounces around and rotates, meaning my speed is constantly bouncing 5mph up and down. From my own investigation, they appear sealed, i don't know that you can open them. I know my buddy's 1975 Kawi's tach can not be opened without ruining it. i know that is another brand, but the sealing job looks similar between his, and the gauges on my xs500. I just bought some smaller gauges off mikesxs that i think i'll like better, but i'd love to have the original ones back to decent shape if i ever put it back to stock.

replacement faces for older yamahas?

Good news " in this months edition of Classic Bike , page 9 . thers a company in London resto on jap clocks . London instruments. . seaminly jap clocks are pressed together .

Email [email protected] -------- IT Might be james brother biggrin.gif

Good news " in this months edition of Classic Bike , page 9 . thers a company in London resto on jap clocks . London instruments. . seaminly jap clocks are pressed together .

Email [email protected] -------- IT Might be james brother biggrin.gif

or a chimp from brook bond

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online