V Star 1300 pic

Stu_B
This post is 5086 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Me likes!! :D:D Really like the panniers will have to get me some... (is the no plate standard size? mine seems bigger)

Here's a pic of mine (looks pink not red from my mobile, will have to dig out a proper camera)

frontat.jpg

sidee.jpg

newbikefront4.jpg

Me likes!! :D:D Really like the panniers will have to get me some... (is the no plate standard size? mine seems bigger)

Here's a pic of mine (looks pink not red from my mobile, will have to dig out a proper camera)

frontat.jpg

sidee.jpg

newbikefront4.jpg

Yep I like the panniers... a bit expensive, but they look the part and can take my lap top!

I like your back rest, is that yam OEM... I have not seen the chrome "covers" on any other bike, they look good!

My screen looks smaller than yours, mine is the medium, I think you have the large 22" version, can you see over it? Also a tip for you, if you look at mine I have tilted it back so it follows the line of the forks, as standard they sit upright like a tombstone :-) Its a simple mod you just slot ot the mounting bracket on the screen, I think it gives a nicer line to the bike.. Just MHO.

Also have you drilled your exhaust, again a simple mod, makes the bike sound a bit nicer... Oh and as you had a picture of your pair of bikes I thought Id add mine... well wife is selling the Suzuki, but I don’t have one with mine and the Kawaker yet.

The pic was taken on the highest road in Scotland... in the background you can see Skye... Lovely roads up there, and you are much nearer than me

imgp0214.jpg

frontat.jpg

sidee.jpg

newbikefront4.jpg

Nice bikes both :) Mine's black, but I do like the red too.

Are those the Yammie engine bars? I've fitted Ledrie engine bars and I'm really unhappy with them as they ground about the same time as the footboards do...stupid design. How much clearance have you got? How much do the boards hinge up before the bars touch the ground?

Well lets see if this works!

imgp0334.jpg

I do love the clean lines you get from removing the pillion seat - looks really cool.

Not that I'd get away with doing that though seeing as how my better half has now decided that she decided that she loves it (she'd never been on a bike before). She's now worse than me...insisted that I got the small front fender trim cos 'it needed it'.

Jim

Nice bikes you got there :D

But it does make me wonder why Yamaha haven't brought them up to date in line with the 950, which IMHO, makes all the other models in the Star range look rather dated.... but the again im biased cos i have one.... :lol:

DSC01416.jpg

I do like the 950 as well - looks really good. I almost bought one myself but the other half said the 1300 was more comfy for her as pillion and the bikes were the same price so what can you do?

I know the 2010 version of the 1300 is supposed to have some changes so may bring it more up to date - all chrome headlight, RSTD handlebars as standard, lower riders seat, gloss black frame etc (check out Yamaha's US website for details)

Would be good to see a pic of the 1300 in black...

I also like the rear seat being removed but my other half wouldn't have it either! Have you thought about removing your rear floorboards now you have no seat??

All the parts on my bike are OEM apart from the rear footboards (highway hawk - half the OEM price) and the radiator grill. I haven't leaned my bike over enough to see if the bars catch the floor, nor do I know how much the boards move by before contact is made. I'll have a look tomorrow & see if I can work out when the bars would catch.

I had a quick look today at leaning the screen back but couldn't see how to do it without either removing a nut or drilling a new hole (I may be missing the obvious?). I do prefer the angle of the screen in line with the forks, but am also concerned that as it's the tall screen, if I tilt it back I may bash my noggin on the screen when putting it in my garage.

You do look through the screen when riding - have commented in the past that its a bit awkward in rain but not too bad.

I do like the 950 as well - looks really good. I almost bought one myself but the other half said the 1300 was more comfy for her as pillion and the bikes were the same price so what can you do?

Get a new other half or make her pass her test so she can ride her own! :lol:

I know the 2010 version of the 1300 is supposed to have some changes so may bring it more up to date - all chrome headlight, RSTD handlebars as standard, lower riders seat, gloss black frame etc (check out Yamaha's US website for details)

Be cool to see what it looks like!

I also like the rear seat being removed but my other half wouldn't have it either!

I like that look too! As for you're OH not having it - see my previous comment lol

I haven't leaned my bike over enough to see if the bars catch the floor, nor do I know how much the boards move by before contact is made. I'll have a look tomorrow & see if I can work out when the bars would catch.?

I have caught my footboards several times when cornering, but these bikes are so great to ride its easy to forget the boards and bars are so low!

Would be good to see a pic of the 1300 in black...

I also like the rear seat being removed but my other half wouldn't have it either! Have you thought about removing your rear floorboards now you have no seat??

All the parts on my bike are OEM apart from the rear footboards (highway hawk - half the OEM price) and the radiator grill. I haven't leaned my bike over enough to see if the bars catch the floor, nor do I know how much the boards move by before contact is made. I'll have a look tomorrow & see if I can work out when the bars would catch.

I had a quick look today at leaning the screen back but couldn't see how to do it without either removing a nut or drilling a new hole (I may be missing the obvious?). I do prefer the angle of the screen in line with the forks, but am also concerned that as it's the tall screen, if I tilt it back I may bash my noggin on the screen when putting it in my garage.

You do look through the screen when riding - have commented in the past that its a bit awkward in rain but not too bad.

Screen lean back..

I simply "slotted" out the bottom hole with a Dremmel, but you could do the same with a small hacksaw.. Then you get just enough movement to get the screen in line.

As I said mine is the Medium, which is 17" ( u cant get these in the UK, I got mine direct for the US).. for me it about perfect, I just see over the top, so the rain is no issue

The rear boards look nice, and now and again I put the pillion seat back on... I am thinking of chrome side panels... if I get then I will probably take the boards off...

Have to say not sure I feel confident enough to dremmel my screen (maybe when I've had it a bit longer?? Does look good tilted back)

I can see why you keep the floorboards on - they do look good and are handy for passangers. If you do get the chrome pannels you'll have to show some pics.

As for your suggestion Goff, replacing the other half is certainly an interesting solution... keep trying to get her to learn to bike but she's not interested (doesn't like riding a mountain bike)

Haven't managed to grind my pegs on my 125 so not sure I'd get it on my 1300 - maybe when I've ridden it a bit longer and got more confident??

Right, as for the bars - have taken some pics which hope you may find useful? Hard to tell from looking but I think there would be some give in the boards before the bars catch. Hopefully you'll get an idea from how they look compared to yours?

frontyt.jpg

lefti.jpg

rightcz.jpg

sidelo.jpg

tilto.jpg

TY for the piccies...the 3rd one down kinda says it. Miles different from mine. Anyway, I've taken the bars off, and think I'll go for the Yammie ones. Wonder how I'll get on getting some dosh back...

Jim

TY for the piccies...the 3rd one down kinda says it. Miles different from mine. Anyway, I've taken the bars off, and think I'll go for the Yammie ones. Wonder how I'll get on getting some dosh back...

Jim

Its got to be said, I have got quite a bit of none Yami stuff... then changed to OEM... it aint cheap, but it fits looks good and problems have been minimal... Might be hard to get rid of the bars for sencible money if you have scraped em :unsure:

Its got to be said, I have got quite a bit of none Yami stuff... then changed to OEM... it aint cheap, but it fits looks good and problems have been minimal... Might be hard to get rid of the bars for sencible money if you have scraped em :unsure:

Nope, not scraped, was too scared to lean over :(

• 1 month later...

How do I down load a picture ???

Cheers

Terminator.

Nice bikes you got there :D

But it does make me wonder why Yamaha haven't brought them up to date in line with the 950, which IMHO, makes all the other models in the Star range look rather dated.... but the again im biased cos i have one.... :lol:

DSC01416.jpg

How do I down load a picture ???

Cheers

Terminator.

Hi Terminator,

There's a good guide in this post.

Would be good to see some pics of your bike :)

• 2 months later...

That's looking very nice...

I like your chrome fender tips are they OEM/highway hawk etc? Also like your chrome numberplate surround - is that a standard size numberplate? I was thinking of moving my no plate to the side...

I'll post an update on my bike once I finish putting it back together - part way through installing the RSTD bars, just got the clutch grip to glue on.