more power

waynemorris
This post is 5281 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi could some one tell me if the down pipes of an fzr600 will fit on an fzr400 exup. i am hopeing it would give me more power. thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi could some one tell me if the down pipes of an fzr600 will fit on an fzr400 exup. i am hopeing it would give me more power. thanks

Don't matter, even if they fit (which they probably don't) they won't give you any more power.

power was revealed to me the day I held aloft my magic sword and said...

I AM THE POWER!!!............but my bike didn't have the power <_<

Don't matter, even if they fit (which they probably don't) they won't give you any more power.

ok cheerz mate thats all i wanted to know realy. i myt aswel just gas flow the head on it then and see how it runs then. do uno wether the 400 exup runs any beter with the exup valve on because the cables av snapd and i av just tied the valve open on the exhauste

ok cheerz mate thats all i wanted to know realy. i myt aswel just gas flow the head on it then and see how it runs then. do uno wether the 400 exup runs any beter with the exup valve on because the cables av snapd and i av just tied the valve open on the exhauste

So all the delicate technology that has gone into that 400 which in the right hands will more than likely ace the 600 and possibly the 750 on the right track, you talk about precise head work which will involve some patient carb mods to really finess. And then ask if the EXUP valve makes any difference cos your cables are knackerd and you have just tied it open.

Struth.

So all the delicate technology that has gone into that 400 which in the right hands will more than likely ace the 600 and possibly the 750 on the right track, you talk about precise head work which will involve some patient carb mods to really finess. And then ask if the EXUP valve makes any difference cos your cables are knackerd and you have just tied it open.

Struth.

:lol::lol::lol:

if youre doing work that serious, and your exup valve isnt working, maybe you'd be just as well getting stainless downpipes.

id imagine they'd be the most likely exhaust system to give you a bit more beans in the high revs.

personally id stick to the exup valve, bike doesnt run too well in the low revs without it. thats what its for, smooth power delivery.

if youre doing work that serious, and your exup valve isnt working, maybe you'd be just as well getting stainless downpipes.

id imagine they'd be the most likely exhaust system to give you a bit more beans in the high revs.

personally id stick to the exup valve, bike doesnt run too well in the low revs without it. thats what its for, smooth power delivery.

im gonna get a new cable for my valve because it spluterin at 3000 rpm wile am ridein round town. nice1 cloudy il take your word for it pal

Struth.

na my down pipes are a lil fkd so isted of getin 400 1s i 4t i mite awel get 600 1s if thay fitd n it mite giv me a lil bit more power. my valve woz fkd wen i bought n a jst tied it open n bint fink it wud mater but as i can c it dus.

From what i understand of the 400, its the best of the bunch. The 600 is pretty much a 400 with a big motor in it which is compromised by air filter volume and exhaust routing.

A 400 that is designed to work with something like the exup valve is going to ride like a lazy 2 stroke till it comes on cam, probably at something like 9-10 thousand rpm. The bike without the exup and a fubar'd exhaust is going to run rough as old bolts. But the harmonics of the engine with the RPM ceiling of ? 14/15thousand rpm will be all wrong with a 600 pipe.

Get the bike running like it is supposed to, with the exhaust patched up and the exup working and with the extra torque that you get the bike may feel a bit quicker but will be a lot better across the box.

From what i understand of the 400, its the best of the bunch. The 600 is pretty much a 400 with a big motor in it which is compromised by air filter volume and exhaust routing.

A 400 that is designed to work with something like the exup valve is going to ride like a lazy 2 stroke till it comes on cam, probably at something like 9-10 thousand rpm. The bike without the exup and a fubar'd exhaust is going to run rough as old bolts. But the harmonics of the engine with the RPM ceiling of ? 14/15thousand rpm will be all wrong with a 600 pipe.

Get the bike running like it is supposed to, with the exhaust patched up and the exup working and with the extra torque that you get the bike may feel a bit quicker but will be a lot better across the box.

kk will do. il c how she runs with the valve wrkin as it shud do. asoom as i get her all sortd il let uno how its runin.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online