how to get nu plate & log book

garet78
This post is 5265 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

my son as gone and bought a dt 125 but as no nu plate or log book how do i get them..

You need a V62 and £25

Assuming that it is not nicked it could also be written off if you intend to put it back on the road. I am not sure of the legal implications if it is nicked like "handling stolen goods" and saying who you brought it from etc but the form is Here

If it comes back not nicked and you get the log book I would then data check it to make sure it is not cat A or B on the write off register.

is there any way i can check if its nicked

Not that I know of without a reg number. Is there a tax disc or paperwork with a number on it? If not, and I guess that it has been used off road, then it is a gamble. Depending on the year, condition and what is missing off the bike you have to weigh up the risks. If you plan to put it back on the road then you have to gamble it is not nicked or written off. If there are bits missing, and depending on the age, then you have to look at the cost of these so maybe a couple of road tyres, chain & sprockets, bearings, lights, dials, V62, MOT, mirrors, ignition switch etc you may be looking at a £300+ spend.

Not that I know of without a reg number. Is there a tax disc or paperwork with a number on it? If not, and I guess that it has been used off road, then it is a gamble. Depending on the year, condition and what is missing off the bike you have to weigh up the risks. If you plan to put it back on the road then you have to gamble it is not nicked or written off. If there are bits missing, and depending on the age, then you have to look at the cost of these so maybe a couple of road tyres, chain & sprockets, bearings, lights, dials, V62, MOT, mirrors, ignition switch etc you may be looking at a £300+ spend.

the bike was used off road and i would have to buy all of the above, i been told its a 2000 model and it was bought cheep its not in the best of condition but i thought it was some thing me and my boy could do, may be then he would look after it but it is a gamble i have to see what happens hope not a nock on the door... thanks for your help

the bike was used off road and i would have to buy all of the above, i been told its a 2000 model and it was bought cheep its not in the best of condition but i thought it was some thing me and my boy could do, may be then he would look after it but it is a gamble i have to see what happens hope not a nock on the door... thanks for your help

If you have got/can get a receipt dated with the sellers name, address and frame & engine numbers on it I would send off the V62. If it comes back stolen then you brought in good faith. If it is OK, vehicle check it. If that is OK price up what you need over time. If the cost of the bits are too expensive or the bike is Cat B sell the bits. If the bike is Cat C or D decide if you want to repair or sell the bits. I would only sell any parts if the bike is not stolen.

All is not lost. It may be OK or someone may post here with a way of checking the reg from the vin. Good luck!!