DT125r Deristrictions and Mods

Ryan09
This post is 2550 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

We've had this discussion before on here, some think the pour it in method is best and some say that "you have a perfectly good pump" so why not use it, messing about with your bike just cos you can usually ends in a broken bike, plus if you use the just pour it in method you get high oil use when running slow and low oil use when thrashing the shit out of it, and your plug is usually the colour of a lump of coal after a week.

If I just wanted to test it to see if my bike ran better or to see how I liked it, could I just drain the oil form the oil tank and line and then just use petrol that had oil mixed in to it? So the injector is still working but it has no oil to inject, would that be okay for one ride?

I would say that premix is for old bikes but due to the tolerances for new bikes it makes no sense to use it, just my opinion you understand. If your injector isn't using oil then I suppose it could become blocked by having nothing run through it.

That oil pump system was finessed over 30 years, copied by everybody else and never bettered. (have you seen a Suzuki oil pump). Correct oil for fuel/rpm and adds oil on the overrun and with the throttle shut. No mess, no forgetting the oil, no over/ under dosing. No carrying a bottle of oil in your jacket, it just goes on. Leave well alone, messing with that pump has killed more DT's than any throttle abuse.

Removing it is nuts.

46 minutes ago, Cynic said:

That oil pump system was finessed over 30 years, copied by everybody else and never bettered. (have you seen a Suzuki oil pump). Correct oil for fuel/rpm and adds oil on the overrun and with the throttle shut. No mess, no forgetting the oil, no over/ under dosing. No carrying a bottle of oil in your jacket, it just goes on. Leave well alone, messing with that pump has killed more DT's than any throttle abuse.

Removing it is nuts.

Okay mate, I'll leave it alone then :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

hi all 

i have a 2002 dt 125r and everyone said about cutting the green and black wire and earthing it to cancel the rev limiter but i have 4 wires going in and 4 wires coming out and no green and black wire 

Do any of you know which  one i should cut and earth on my bike 

Earthing the PV wire only applies to the later models. I believe you'll have a reed switch inside your Speedo

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

Do yourself a favour buddy and go introduce yourself in the new members section.

We get a lot of 'one hit wonders' on here who are only here for 1 or 2 bits of information, and are never seen again.

People won't be very forthcoming with information until you do that

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online