fzr400 1wg exup rsp

tzr123
This post is 5234 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Right... got my self a 400 fzr exup 1wg rsp... but... I cant find where the bloody valve connects to :S i took the exhaust of a 3tj which has the valve in etc, but i was looking around the bike and i dont think i can find one... if it doesnt have one for some reason shall i just jam the valve open? as its the only exhaust iv got left?

Let me know please asap =]

Thank you

Danny

• 4 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Right... got my self a 400 fzr exup 1wg rsp... but... I cant find where the bloody valve connects to :S i took the exhaust of a 3tj which has the valve in etc, but i was looking around the bike and i dont think i can find one... if it doesnt have one for some reason shall i just jam the valve open? as its the only exhaust iv got left?

Thank you

Danny

i have got the same prob with mine pal just tie it open with some wire. it spluters round town at 3000 rpm but its ok. or you can pay to get it fixd n its about 45 pound for 1 cable and yo need 2 so that wil come to about 90 n its not worth it

Thank you

Danny

If it is a genuine 87 on rsp then it is supposed to have the exup, if it hasn't then chances are it may have spent time as a race bike. Trouble is you either want an exhaust WITHOUT the exup, or a working exup system. A dead exup valve will make a fabulous rocket nasty.

• 1 month later...

If it is a genuine 87 on rsp then it is supposed to have the exup, if it hasn't then chances are it may have spent time as a race bike. Trouble is you either want an exhaust WITHOUT the exup, or a working exup system. A dead exup valve will make a fabulous rocket nasty.

Tell my about it, in the end i couldnt find the exup, so i cut the wires on the exhaust and attempted to tie them up :P

Now its got something wrong with the carbs wont go over 8000rpm grrrr but it will if its in neutral, lovely bike though =]

Taking out the carbs and going to try combined 2 together

Tell my about it, in the end i couldnt find the exup, so i cut the wires on the exhaust and attempted to tie them up :P

Now its got something wrong with the carbs wont go over 8000rpm grrrr but it will if its in neutral, lovely bike though =]

Taking out the carbs and going to try combined 2 together

first off,,,,theres probably nothing wrong with the carbs....the EXUP valve opens and closes on acceleration/de-accelaration, this in turn limits the exhaust gas flow thus making your motor run like a dream...get rid of the exup valve and you have a motor that will splutter and not run rite at all..my guess is that you over opend the valve thus limiting the gas flow, which in turn will restrict your motor...these are set up for maximum performance, and if you over turn the valve, it will close backwards if you know what i mean???????..

there is 2 ways round this problem...

1..buy an after market system for your motor..this will include new headers etc which then removes the exup system..your probably looking at around £250+ for this..

2.locate your exup servo motor(usually under the tank on the right hand side as your sat on the bike). follow the lead back to your ignition system and see if its connected, if it is, start the bike and check that the servo moves when you rev the bike, if it doesnt then get a new servo and try again.

once you have done that.re run new cables,,set the valve and away you go on your rocket..

now the valve itself is set into the exhaust collector box,,you cant miss it..just check to make sure it hasnt seized up by turning it a few times,,

i think the worst thing you couldve done is cut the cables as thats just cost you money..

get back to me if you have any problems with this post...regards...andy1488