My new steed :D not a yam thogh

barwell1992
This post is 4926 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hear she is sv650n k3 6years old and 15999 miles on the clock lol cost me £1600 got her on saterday with 15172 mile on the clock

P1030730.jpg

P1030731.jpg

P1030733.jpg

P1030734.jpg

P1030737.jpg

P1030743.jpg

and then these came in the post to day

1 gixer 1000 shock k3 £50inc p&p

P1030741.jpg

and then this came about 20min ago nice new abba stand £98inc p&p and fixings for sv

P1030746.jpg

got more stuf to come as well :) :) :)

hears a list of mods that have already been done to the bike

renegade race level track can

K&N oil and air filters

bewolf rad guards

renthnal bars and grips

mini mirrora (sh*t geting now ones)

undertray/tail tidy buit in indicators

small indicators

dominator front light

crash bungs (in the post were forgotten)

seat cowl

mods to come

gsxr 1000 shock

polish out wheals and paint centers black

carbon belly pan

renthal sprocket kit and xring gold chain

HID bulbs

r6 throttle

new mirrors

make baffle for can so i ca pas mot as cab to put old one back on (old one is modded)

braided lines

metal chain guard

eventual spray it a diff color

hope you like it :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've a couple of mates who've had/has SV's they sound wonderfull, but next to my Honda that was the same age and more miles, they don't weather as well.

Dunno though, on looks I think I would have stuck with the MT.... Just doesn't have the same go as the V-Twin....

Er, its nice but they are like belly button fluff.

You had a real one off with the MT especially with the mods you had made. You are going to have to work really hard to make this as individual without making it crass.

yeh i know but the mt was/is to small and im going to france next year and it would have been so so uncomfortable, and no they dont wether that well but buy the looks of it this on has mainly done dry miles and Mway trips as when i got under it its prety clean just stuck on tar and stuf no mud or any of that but could tell it hadent been washed in a good while the header is not rusted at all and the bottom pink pipe that goes to the second sylinder is only a little caroded witch is amazing seeing as thogh i went to look at a 06 that had rust all over the bloody thing

ps i still have the MT ;) for now

when i got it, it was verry rough around the edges and had been owned buy a young lad that obvously dosent know his ass from his albow lol as half of the stuf was taped on (not quite) like the exhast was leaking from both joints on the link pipe the lights were pointed at the floor the undertray was hanging on but all better now

all in all its better bike for me and gives me a lot off dosh to play with when i sell the MT but atm im not sure on what to do with it as im in 2 minds about color and stuf like that :)

ps vtwin is so so much more powerful lol

lol i have had 125mph out of it on the foss way in 6th 8000rpm with another 2000rpm to go so not sure how fast it will go lol and that was only because i was overtaking about 8 cars :P 0-60 in about 3.6seconds and can get to 60 in second gear

so a lot faster than the mt but the throttle throw is crap i have to wrench it about 4/5's of the bar to get to full throttle so im puting a r6 throttle tube in it so it will be doen to 3/4 of the bar

well just a quick update and some views and comments and also some questions, will start with my overall impresions well the enguine is better in about evory way imaginable lol uses less fuel,dosent dip and dive,more power,higger top end,better engine braking, then theres the gear box its so so slick and persice and it has a 6th gear plus it can cruse at 95mph :P, i would say the handeling is not as quick as the MT or as persice but the bike wants to lean over and its verry easy to find ure knee is on the floor on just a noraml island i did find when i got it that the handeling was CR*P and UTTER CR*P under exeloration but fitted the gixxer 1000 shock and its a new bike the back dosent squat under power and sticks to the road like fly to S*it it also seems to go easy on tires so thats good :), the front forks are still pants and bottom on small bumps under braking but some harder springs and soem 20w oil will sort that out the front brakes are ace but the back is poor but im going with braided lines and sinterd pads to sort this out, build qualit isent great but things are cheep to replace so thats a good thing also i have a dealer 10miles away istead of 30+ to my nearest yam dealer

well i have a update on how the mods are comming on, first off i have the gsxr 1000 shock mounted it wasent easy as the sv ones dosent have a piggy back where as the gsx does so had to hack the batter box so it clears the piggy back then suport the battery and shave some plastic from under the seat to give suficient clearance but i did get a much better ride and not to mention my dad borght me £150 worth of tools :D stuf like a nice draper tauqe rench, the i also striped the rear rim walls and insides leaving the middle spokes and center strip i just need to sand these down now and then polish them up to a chrome like shine :)

and that leads me to my question whats the best way to polish mashined wheals down to get rid of the ridges sand paper from like 120grit work my way up to 1500 grit and then use wire wool and metal polish or buy a polishing kit with blocks of polishing wax stuf thats like sand paper ?

[quote name='barwell1992'

and that leads me to my question whats the best way to polish mashined wheals down to get rid of the ridges sand paper from like 120grit work my way up to 1500 grit and then use wire wool and metal polish or buy a polishing kit with blocks of polishing wax stuf thats like sand paper ?

Jesus man you like doing it the hard way. If you want to polish your rims, pay somebody. Seriously, the profesionals will do rims for 30-40 quid if you rempve the tyre for em.

Ok you want to do it yourself. Take the laquer off the wheels with nitromorse or some other NON abrasive paint remover after having the tyres removed, then with a good quality polishing kit set to it. Even small scratches and chips will take a lot of effort to clean them up so for gods sake dont go at it with 120grit or you will be polishing forever. Oh and you will look like a coal miner afterwards.

Seriously pay somebody else.

One other point, if you are riding all year get yourself a spare set of rims to run on in the shitty months cos bare ally will corrode like mad in salt.

Just thought id say nice bike but your comparing it to your MT?

They are completly different bikes in every aspect such as the MT is definatly a more tamer engine than the SV.

SV's riding style is more like a sports bike which by the sounds of things suits you more if you want to cruise at high speeds.

Also iv known people to lap faster at Brands on an SV over an r6! Sounds mad but they aparantly have more 'grunt'

Enjoy :D

^^ haha well i thorght i would just do a quick comparison

and cynic have already done one side of the wheel to day :) sanded from 120 to 1500 grit will do other side tomoz and have orderd a polishing kit :)

just about to order a speed triple light cowl see if i can fit that

^^ haha well i thorght i would just do a quick comparison

and cynic have already done one side of the wheel to day :) sanded from 120 to 1500 grit will do other side tomoz and have orderd a polishing kit :)

just about to order a speed triple light cowl see if i can fit that

Look forward to seein some pics of your hard work!

Was it hard to do? Previous owner of my FZR has painted lip orange, i'd like to go for polished but keen to know how hard it is.

well to be honest the stripping was seay just use nitromoce (or what ever its caled) but dont use masking tape as it just goes straigh through it i would use duck tape as long as ure sure it wont pull the pain off

and considering you will have such a small area to do it should take about 30min each side of rim and then you just need a metal polishing kit and some metal polish and thats it i have just done brake and clutch and they look fab i used a dremel with polisher on those thogh

i will take some pics in a min of the wheel as it is atm and the leavers

and thanks :)

hehe the wheel is done and it looks brill :D

also thorght i would show a pic of the gixxer shock in there (bit cramped aint she)

P1030888.jpg

P1030875.jpg

P1030892.jpg

Gixxer shock

P1030887.jpg

not a bad job if i do say so my self also did sprocket and rear sets but they dont look that good atm

no no no lol you use nitro to soften then use fine wire wool to scrape the pain off you have to use a lot of presure but comes off a treat then when its all off clean over with wd40 then sand from 120-240-400-600-800-1200-1500 you have to sand in oposite directions of 90o so sand agains the milling grain then the way of the grain removing the scratches of the sandpaper used befor until you get to 1500 grit then with that you have to sand against the grain of the milling marks but then sand around the wheel with the grain this gives a smooth finish then get a polishing kit with 3 mops (rough,medium,smooth) with grey,green,blue polishing compound and atatch to drill and then use ruf all around the rim then medium and then soft then polish with alu polish

hears the kit that i used Click ME(sanpaper will cost you £14 in tottal from halfrauds 4X A4 of each grit) the kit well tell you what to do with the mops

:) hope that helps

• 5 months later...

well been a while since i posted an update to this :)

well a fair bit has changed on the bike, mostly because of a crash i had in December in the ice came off going about 5mph as the back spun and caught the front up cost £300+ worth of damage EG bars,pegs,brake levers (all of them), rear sets, almost lost the radiator and £100 recovery fee :|

its been back up and running for a fair while now and have been turning it into the machine i want it to be :D

so mods are as followed

renthal street fighter bars

renthal bar ends

R&G crash bungs

gsxr 1000 k3 rear shock

30mm jack up plates (dog bones)

renegade high level can (race only version)

ermax under tray with integrated indicators

smoked rear light

mini indicators

dominator head lights

easter beaver head light wiring loom

velocity stacks 30mm/70mm

16mm tank risers

cobra braided race lines

seat cowl

polished rear wheel

titanium brake pad pins

GB moto rear sets

lowered clocks (now with modded bracket not in pic)

Beowulf radiator grills

carbon fiber front mud guard

stomp tank grips

carbon tax disk holder

K-tech linear fork springs .9kg with 10w fork oil

sprayed rear pillion pegs

HH sintered pads all round

KOSO mirrors

tasty nuts front rez cap

the bike now sits a lot higher at the back and drops in to corners way faster than it used to, the gsxr 1000 shock is very good for the huge sum of £50 lol, and the fork spring as almost double the spring rate of the standard one's and the fork oil is twice as heavy looking at the viscosity chart we on the sv650.org found, also produces a bit more HP that a standard (70ish bhp) sv at about 73bhp and about +5bhp through the mid range with the unrestricted ecu in, mainly down the the raised tank (cold air instead of hot air to the air box) and the velocity stacks the exhaust ads a bit of hp but not much (maybe +1bhp all over) and other things

my MT looked better but the mt-03 just cant compete with the sv for flexibility and sheer fun (sv really does push you to be better)

although as standard the sv is defiantly a bit of a turd, slow to turn in, pegs are to low on both the sport and naked modles, the brakes are under powered and the suspension is diabolical it sprung for some 6 stone 5ft Japanese man not a 6ft over weight British lad :P but the bike is cheep so all in all i cant complain :) as with all the extras the bike still cost less than the MT-03 did :D

P1040364.jpg

P1040366.jpg

Ohh and might be buying a second sv this week crash damaged for £500 :D its a fared version this time though, need about £500 worth of repairs then will sell for about £1500 £500 profit :D i could bump the price to about £1700 but not worth it and the £500 made will go towards my next bike (gsxr 750 or a 2004 r1 i want to fighter both)

Outstanding, dude!!!!!!!!

Good to have you back with us, too!

Outstanding, dude!!!!!!!!

Good to have you back with us, too!

Cheers :D, still not quite where i want it but getting there :)

and its been hard trying to keep track of all these forums lol, im part of about 6 or 7 forums :huh:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online