Crashed

Heckerz
This post is 5312 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Yesterday lunchtime i was going around a car park to get some smokes. The weather wasnt good raining and because it hadnt rained in weeks the ground was covered in oil and rubber, i put my breaks on to go round a corner and my bike slid out and damaged the fairings and the gear peddle. my local yamaha grarage said it would cost me £1200 to get the fairings fixed. it there anywhere where i can buy new fairings because £1200 is far to expensive for my 59 Yzf-R125.

any ideas?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Rat it.

Streetfighter it.

That's the thing with dealers, they supply new parts. Have a troll around some of the independent body shops, cars and bikes (if you have any around you), you usually find an old timer who can actually repair them for you - it's only fibreglass after all. The livery you might have a problem with, but that too can be sorted by any half decent signmaker. If you get the right people it'll ook same as it did day before yesterday, if not then it'll be less than £1200, or you could get new parts.

It really depends how damaged there realy is.

I say rat it too. Maybe a little too new!!

I guess you didn't have fully comp insurance? Quite a new bike to have damage but there are going to be loads of these for sale with panel damage. You could try a panel repairer and get it resprayed in racing colours for less than £1200 I would guess!!

:huh: When i was down getting my 600mile service i asked the guy in the parts/garage how much new side fairings were and he told me £100 plus £80 for decals so from that to £1200 is pretty steep... well if you put labour ontop of that it still couldnt be so steep a climb

:huh: When i was down getting my 600mile service i asked the guy in the parts/garage how much new side fairings were and he told me £100 plus £80 for decals so from that to £1200 is pretty steep... well if you put labour ontop of that it still couldnt be so steep a climb

Don't forget the theiving bas##, I mean helpfull dealer will be charging something like £80 an hour for labour, add to that every nut bolt bracket and washer that isn't quite right will be replaced.

You must know someone who is handy with the spanners even if you aren't and see what fixing it yourself will be. If the bodywork is only scratched then you could get a new gear lever and a rossi paint job for a lot less than 1200 quid.

Don't forget the theiving bas##, I mean helpfull dealer will be charging something like £80 an hour for labour, add to that every nut bolt bracket and washer that isn't quite right will be replaced.

You must know someone who is handy with the spanners even if you aren't and see what fixing it yourself will be. If the bodywork is only scratched then you could get a new gear lever and a rossi paint job for a lot less than 1200 quid.

You aint lying about the bolt that isn't what yamaha would have used when i was paying for my service one of the mechanics came through with 2 bolts and said " i need two of that size bolt, there both fine but there not the bolts that we've been using..."

i kid you not :o

il add pictures when i get in from work. went and got my gear leaver sorted and they said it would be £75 for that and i need a new bolt here and here and here and here the bolts cost more then the bloody labour

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online