Flat Track Racing.....

This post is 7195 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

3 more weeks, & I'll be heading up to Castle Rock Raceway to take in a bit of Flat Track racing with my Father-In-Law, @ their annual Harley Night event........basically just a local club event where they pay tribute to All VietNam Vets & anyone who shows up on a Hardley.....gets in for FREE :wink: .....My Father-In-Law loves this event as he's a Vet & he used to Flat Track an 850 Norton himself 8)

Appearantly, they just completely revamped the track from this......

OldTrack.jpg

To this......

NewTrack.jpg

As well as racing 2-wheelers here for Years......

2Wheel_Action.jpg

They also have been running Quads there in the past few years......

Quads_Action.jpg

It's pretty Amazing how fast Hopped-Up Banshee's are @ this venue 8)

Mainly because Quads have front brakes.....unlike the 2-wheelers :shock: .....who have to back off & "coast" into that 1st turn :?

But the Quads keep the throttle pinned open well past where the bikes shut-down for that turn.......sometimes end up going into turn 1 on 3-wheels :shock: .....just tryin' to get 'em stopped in time :wink:

Brilliant Stuff 8)

I'm gonna look into borrowing my Dad's 35mm camera......get some good pics! :tu

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

We get to see flat track on Sky sometimes. It's similar to Speedway, which is pretty big on Europe and (History Lesson) was Britain's 2nd most popular spectator sport in the 70s, after Football(Soccer), and regularly attracted 20,000 + to league meetings.

Have fun!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online