MY FZ400 EBAY BARGAIN

FZ400_phil
This post is 5312 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

HEY THERE. JUST WANTED TO SHOW YOU A COUPLE OF PHOTO'S OF MY 1985 YAMAHA FZ400. I GOT IT OFF EB@Y FOR A MASSIVE £70. IT WAS A NONE RUNNER AT ALL. DIDN'T EVEN SPARK. NOW IT HAS BEEN TOTALLY STRIPPED TO THE BONES AND HAD EVERYTHING CLEANED RE-PAINTED AND PUT BACK TOGETHER. IT HAS HAD ALL NEW BEARINGS, NEW PADS ALL ROUND, NEW BRAKE LINES, NEW OIL AND AIR FILTER AND NEW CHAIN AND SPROCKETS. THE REAR SEAT UNIT IS OFF A KWAK 400. NEEDED ABIT OF MODIFICATION BUT NOW FITS LIKE A DREAM. THE EXHAUST HAS BEEN CUT DOWN AND SOUNDS AWESOME. IT IS READY FOR A FULL RE-SPRAY NOW BUT STILL UNSURE OF WHAT COLOUR TO DO IT. HOPEFULLY EVERYTHING GOES WELL WITH THE MOT AND THEN I'LL BE BACK ON THE ROAD. CAN'T WAIT.

IT JUST SHOWS WITH A LITTLE BIT OF TIME AND MONEY AND DEDICATION THINGS CAN BE BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE.

HOPE YOU ENJOY AND SAFE BIKING.

8530_1060803059152_1798208092_122568_3415105_n.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

beautiful, im going through the same issues, its taken me 8months on fairing mods, only got 5months left of the ban and a whole engine to rebuild and lots of framework stuff to do. with a severe lack of finances! but like u say determination and late nights work wonders (coffee sandwiches help) so any closer to the colour scheme yet?

beautiful, im going through the same issues, its taken me 8months on fairing mods, only got 5months left of the ban and a whole engine to rebuild and lots of framework stuff to do. with a severe lack of finances! but like u say determination and late nights work wonders (coffee sandwiches help) so any closer to the colour scheme yet?

your rite coffee does help. i'm really considering the colour of my profile picture. think it looks awesome. not sure tho. i've been off the road for over a year now. i had a 2000 R6 which was stolen from outside my house back in 2007 (never recovered). you can't have anything nowadays unless its bolted to the floor. hope yours goes well. You will have to post some pictures.

Glad your sticking with it mate im rebuilding my FZ600 - have been since november! its been a pig to work on but got the engine rebuilt along with the forks, a new frame and electrics! just the brakes and the spark issues to sort then im not far behind you!

im thinking either black and white, or yellow and white for mine though...

Keep it up mate - it'll look mint when sprayed up!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online