How not to clean a bike

vic-fzr600
This post is 5293 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouchh, gotta hurt, well can i suggest staying away from moving chains boys and girls, spesh given they will go through more than just fingertips, for example: flesh, limbs, BONEs and its not unheard of people who die from chains, its an extreme but still capable,

Buy a paddock stand, for about £20 ish, then put your back wheel on the stand, and move it by hand with the keys well away from the ignition and the thing in neutral.......could save you an arm and a leg....quite litterally,

sorry dude, dont think you will be doing it again thoughh....

Ouchh, gotta hurt, well can i suggest staying away from moving chains boys and girls, spesh given they will go through more than just fingertips, for example: flesh, limbs, BONEs and its not unheard of people who die from chains, its an extreme but still capable,

Buy a paddock stand, for about £20 ish, then put your back wheel on the stand, and move it by hand with the keys well away from the ignition and the thing in neutral.......could save you an arm and a leg....quite litterally,

sorry dude, dont think you will be doing it again thoughh....

+1, I thought exactly the same about the paddock stand.

I don't see a problem cleaning a chain in the manner he set about.. what I can't figure out is why he came to think it would be a good idea to put the rag on the inside of the chain... THat's just asking for a hand through sprocket.. But on the outside? I'd have no qualms about going near a moving chain in that fashion..

I'd probably just use spray-degreaser though, to take the chain off and soak it in a bucket of diesel..

iff you put a rag and your fingers near a moving chain your a thick cunt?and you deserve to get bit,thicko.

Anybody who makes out as though they have never done some really dumb stuff in life is either full of shit or rarely gets out of bed. It often turns out that they have really done the dumbest things of all.

And i made out that i had never done anything stupid did i??

Nope... i didn't think so :rolleyes:

I've done lots of stupid things, but putting my hands near a moving chain then posting the results on the internet is not one of them.... how the hell do you expect people to react???

It was stupid and he knows it... end of.

And as you quoted ONLY me (although i do believe several others said a similar thing) i am assuming your "full of shit" and rarely gets out of bed" remark was aimed at me

Dont pick a fucking fight with me pal.... its not a good idea :angry:

I've done lots of stupid things, but putting my hands near a moving chain then posting the results on the internet is not one of them.... how the hell do you expect people to react???

And as you quoted ONLY me (although i do believe several others said a similar thing) i am assuming your "full of shit" and rarely gets out of bed" remark was aimed at me

:angry::nurse:

:zzz:

Cor', i love it when Goff cracks the whip... to think that us lot on the forum get that for free, wheras a lot of middle-aged men have to good money for that sort of thing

Cor', i love it when Goff cracks the whip... to think that us lot on the forum get that for free, wheras a lot of middle-aged men have to good money for that sort of thing

Why do you suppose there are so many middle aged men on here?

Hmm,

in the list of things not to do;

1) pick a fight with Mistress Goff

2) Piss Mistress Goff off

3) put any part of my body near things that can remove it

4) open the door on the plane, while the seatbelt sign is on.......

5) did I mention Goff ??

Dragging it back on topic - it's not as if this guy is the first:

Stumpy Seajay woz there in '04!

If simple safety precautions like "Don't stick delicate pinkies near a moving buzz-saw" are too much for you, then:

a. Get a shaftie (don't poke your finger in the bevel box while it's running to check oil level) OR

2. Get an MZ and just pack the rubber gaiters with grease OR

iii. Get a car OR

x. Do what a lot of the local Power Rangers do - hand the bike (and your wallet) over to a local dealer for every damn thing.

Sheesh!

:zzz:

If you have something to say, then please.... say it. If my post bores you and you cannot think of a more intelligent reply than a tiny emoticon then i suggest you don't bother.... makes you look like a fuckin retard...... <_<

Are you suddenly middle aged????? :lol:

Why do you suppose there are so many middle aged men on here?

Hmm,

in the list of things not to do;

1) pick a fight with Mistress Goff

2) Piss Mistress Goff off

3) put any part of my body near things that can remove it

4) open the door on the plane, while the seatbelt sign is on.......

5) did I mention Goff ??

I love you.... :wub:

Dragging it back on topic - it's not as if this guy is the first:

Stumpy Seajay woz there in '04!

If simple safety precautions like "Don't stick delicate pinkies near a moving buzz-saw" are too much for you, then:

a. Get a shaftie (don't poke your finger in the bevel box while it's running to check oil level) OR

2. Get an MZ and just pack the rubber gaiters with grease OR

iii. Get a car OR

x. Do what a lot of the local Power Rangers do - hand the bike (and your wallet) over to a local dealer for every damn thing.

Sheesh!

Spot on there honey ;)

Several times, but a few more would be nice, 9 weeks in this place does things to a man... ;)

Have you crossed the threshold into manhood now honey? :icon_mrgreen:

Gotta agree with Goff......

Pure LAZYNESS....which always ends in tears

There's really NO diff between what that NumbSkull Gixxer owner did.....& grabbing ahold of a running chainsaw.....by the wrong end........DUH!!! :eusa_doh:

W

If you have something to say, then please.... say it. If my post bores you and you cannot think of a more intelligent reply than a tiny emoticon then i suggest you don't bother.... makes you look like a fuckin retard...... <_<

Are you suddenly middle aged????? :lol:

I love you.... :wub:

Spot on there honey ;)

Have you crossed the threshold into manhood now honey? :icon_mrgreen:

Who would have seen that coming? The unmoderated moderator spouting more verbal sewage!

This post is 5293 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.