Tragic accident

barkwindjammer
This post is 5320 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Three elderly bikers were killed today, and another rider was taken to hospital in a critical condition, all were members of 'Motorcycle Touring Club of Europe' the crash happened in Mezzolombardo near Trento-northern Italy, the two couples were from the south of England, heard on the radio today

sympathies to all of the families and friends of the victims.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've just been reading about that, terrible thing i sympathise with the club and the families.

Its terrible.

Just remember though when you are riding in a foreign country - take extra EXTRA care - a simple mistake like this can cost dearly as has been shown today.

Thoughts to their families.

Its terrible.

Just remember though when you are riding in a foreign country - take extra EXTRA care - a simple mistake like this can cost dearly as has been shown today.

Thoughts to their families.

Tragic that is the 3rd such accident i have heard of that happened like that this year, all involving trucks, as Goff says remember which side of the road to ride on, get summat on the bike to remind you, some kinda arrow pointing to the side of the road you are meant to be on is good, and also if you have been out there for a while be careful when you get back

i know i have done these things,

Merv

if you have been out there for a while be careful when you get back

i know i have done these things,

Merv

Me too.

This always reminds me of my own mortality, for all it's sad, it does make me think a little more on the road.

The drivers in that part of the world are the worst in europe though.

Reading a bit more about this it appears this tunnel the were exiting is fairly new and has been the subject of many complaints i read in one article, apparently it starts out dual carriageway at one end then goes into single in the tunnel or at the other end and has caused a lot of confusion the article i read reckons, read it here and here

merv

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online