short ass people

Graham C
This post is 5323 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well i got my Dragstar today sat on her and being a short ass with only a 28 inch inside leg, my legs are almost straight . i have to sit up tight against the tank to brake and change gear . any other person have the same problem like ?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

My other half is only 5' 4" and she manages fine enough.

I'm guessing her inside leg is shorter than yours, since I'm 5' 11" and mine is a 32" inside.

Have you considered playing about with the handlebar adjustment?

That can make all the difference.

Having said that, Bike Magazine did an analysis on bikes vs riders not so long ago.

The conclusion was that Cruisers are a popular choice for short peeps because of the low seat height, yet at the same time they're very unsuited to shorties because of the long limb-to-controls distances.

as a shorty myself, 5'-3 or 4" with a 27-28" inseam i have to say that when i went bike shopping at the local "bike shop" where the sales staff are a rowdy bunch of gearheads with sales on the mind... couldn't shake them with a "no i cant afford a new bike no matter what you say or want" they even offered me lower payments when i said "I don't have a job" (not that i don't, i was just trying to shake the twit) anyhow, i digress.

i sat on a Honda shadow. nice looking bike, fit me well, until i put my feet down and the air cleaner cover was pressing against my thigh. uncomfortably so.

you would think with the growing interest among women, and other short of stature riders that manufacturing companies would start to address our comfort for a change.

as for scooting forward, when i first got my little dt175 i hiked forward on the seat too, it wasn't a need to reach things since it was an enduro, it was just how i started sitting on it. i have worked my way back on the seat to a normal position only because i made a conscious effort to do so. that and i managed to make a comfy "butt print" (perhaps as you wear one in, your feet will be more comfortable reaching the ground and controls) although now i find myself wondering if i would be more comfortable with some more sweep in the handlebars, i feel a bit hunched over. not much, but just a bit.

which i suppose brings me to the point, which is: i have to agree with ttaskmaster about the handlebars. since most of the time, you're holding them, you want to make that the most comfortable aspect. your legs will learn to keep up.

also, however, its just like having a different car or desk or shoes for that matter. it is gonna take a while to get used to the fit.

My OH has her bars swivelled quite low, if that helps.

If I ride her bike, I'm slouched down quite a bit.

It does change the cant of how you sit and might help your feet to reach a bit better.

Incidentally, her legs are comparatively straight, but she can use the foot controls quite happily.

Her size 5 feet look cute as she rests her heel on the peg, whereas with my size 11s I can just about get the balls of my feet on before my toes press the brake pedal down :lol:

Im only 5ft 1 and i had the 650.

I now ride the 950

The 950 has a longer pullback so im not sat as upright as i was on the 650. I did buy a riders backrest for the 650, but i wasnt fat enough for it to be of any use! :lol: I couldnt sit far back enough inthe seat for my back to be on it

Have you looked at handlebar risers? Or longer bars maybe?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online