Yamaha Aerox QY 100cc Electrical Problem!

OllyBongo
This post is 5088 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi can anyone tell me why the electric start does not work?

I have fitted a new battery (sealed) 6A - 12V, new main fuse (there is only one fuse on the bike or is there more).

I also have added a new switch to the handle bars and a back break light bulb.

When i turn the key on, the only thing that works is the fuel guage. The lights and indicators work

when i start the bike (kick-start), also the indicators do not flash they just stay on, the back break light

stays on but does not light up when the brake leaver is pulled.

The speedometre works, the RPM (tatchometre) does not.

The bikes top end is normally 50 sometimes i can get 60 wich is a bonus, but it's crap

also need bike de-restricting.

Any help would be much apreichated, thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

do you have the wiring diagram for the bike? there are probably more fuses some where, the lights can work without a battery when the engine is running, but they will be crap, and the speedo will work too. when you say you added a new switch, what did you add? or did you just replace one?

also, did the bike break after you added/fitted the switch?

do you have the wiring diagram for the bike? there are probably more fuses some where, the lights can work without a battery when the engine is running, but they will be crap, and the speedo will work too. when you say you added a new switch, what did you add? or did you just replace one?

no, do you have a wiring diagram available for download?

Yes the lights do work and they are shit, also im not sure where there is any other kind of fuses?

Under the front panel where the horn is, theres a small white box with 2 wires coming off it

is that the rectifier/regulator? the connection looks a bit rusty.

I mean the electric start used 2 work, but not for a while now, when i press it, nothing...

I added a new switch to the right side handlebar, when the brake is pulled in it makes the back light, light up.

it does not light up tho

thanks

no, do you have a wiring diagram available for download?

Yes the lights do work and they are shit, also im not sure where there is any other kind of fuses?

Under the front panel where the horn is, theres a small white box with 2 wires coming off it

is that the rectifier/regulator? the connection looks a bit rusty.

I mean the electric start used 2 work, but not for a while now, when i press it, nothing...

I added a new switch to the right side handlebar, when the brake is pulled in it makes the back light, light up.

it does not light up tho

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi can anyone tell me why the electric start does not work?

I have fitted a new battery (sealed) 6A - 12V, new main fuse (there is only one fuse on the bike or is there more).

I also have added a new switch to the handle bars and a back break light bulb.

When i turn the key on, the only thing that works is the fuel guage. The lights and indicators work

when i start the bike (kick-start), also the indicators do not flash they just stay on, the back break light

stays on but does not light up when the brake leaver is pulled.

The speedometre works, the RPM (tatchometre) does not.

The bikes top end is normally 50 sometimes i can get 60 wich is a bonus, but it's crap

also need bike de-restricting.

Any help would be much apreichated, thanks.

• Like 1

hi my bike had electrical problems to. the main prob was the lights flickering and turning off by them selfs. this prob was because of a broken wire touching the frame witch was located at the back of the bike on the right hand side (behind the frame, hidden.) . as for the brake light, its prob because of that switck on the leaver . it sometimes gets stuck in and does not come out proberly. as for the the rpm if its air cooled itll be on the main fan on the right hand side, on the side of the fan youll see a piece of metal (magnet) and a reciever. that magnet is broken prob. hope iv helped.

i bet ither the startor motor has gone or the rectifier/regulator has gone do the lights get brighter when you rev? if so the rectifier/regulator has gone and this could also have caused the startor motor to burn out

• 6 months later...

Hello, i have the electrical problem OllyBongo described, too. The tacho don't want to run, it goes for few seconds on, and then slows to 0 rpm, and stays there. The lights are way to low, and i've noticed, that when i turn on the signals, the headlight loses power, it becomes yellow when the signals are on, and brighter when the signals are off, and this thing happens when i hit the brakes too. I don't know what is the problem, i've tryed to clean the cdi wires, the contacts on dashboard, the contacts on the rectifier (behind the headlight is a pice of rock :D, i thing that's the rectifier, it is verry verry hot when engine runing ), no result. When my motor is on idle, the headlight goes to shut down. Symptoms are as if I had a big power consumer on scooter.

Any ideeas? "OllyBongo", do you have solved the problem ? Please, i need help.

My scooter is Yamaha Aerox R 50.

Excuse me for poor english grammar. I do my best to keep up. Thank's again.