New bike

Bezza
This post is 5308 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

Currently got myself a ybr125 and looking forsomething a little bigger when i pass my test next month (fingers crossed :P)

i have been checking ebay and found things like GS500's CB500's ZR550's etc... basically a big commuter style bike like the ybr.

they all seem to be going on ebay for a decent looking bike for £600-1200 BUT will they actually work or am i going to ride one half way home and be on the phone to the AA? :P

Any one got any helps? or know where i can get a decent one cheap? :D:D

Cheers.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

no no no no no to all of the bikes you listed .... they are verry verry uncomfortabe try and get ureself a older bandit 600 or a fazer 600 actuly even a honda hornet but wach the hornets the first ones has bad suspesion that made them skitish in the wet (mum had one)

come to think of it my mum and dad have had all of those bikes lol they liked the bandit best but they are quite heavy

no no no no no to all of the bikes you listed .... they are verry verry uncomfortabe try and get ureself a older bandit 600 or a fazer 600 actuly even a honda hornet but wach the hornets the first ones has bad suspesion that made them skitish in the wet (mum had one)

come to think of it my mum and dad have had all of those bikes lol they liked the bandit best but they are quite heavy

must have just been your mums one... lol

the oem shock on the hornet is alright abit soft in compared to a aftermarket one like mine

think thats what she ment it couldent keep up with the bumps and sort of like skiped along a bit its that or the fact shes less than 8 stone in weight

lol, can you get those bikes for good prices and if so what sort of prices? :)

i need something to do 20 miles a day (ten miles each way) and dont really have too much to spend but the ybr is a little crap for getting past any one doing over 40 :P

i dont mind having a bike with poor cosmetics as long as i can find a good solid engine which will run :unsure:

bike magazine did a servey on e-bay prices ,and found most were over priced. auto trader and motorcycle news had better bargains,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online