Wiring Help

CanadianDT
This post is 5300 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Everyone. My first post on this forum, and I need some help.

I am currently doing an engine swap on my 1980 DT 100. The engine I'm swaping in came from an MX 100(don't know the year).

I am looking for some help on the 4 wires that come from the magnito. I need to know what colors goes to what component.

Any help is greatly appriciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Are you sure yours is a 1980, as if it is then it should have electronic ig and that means 6 wires from the mag.

I take it its not electric start?

As to the 'MX' engine. If it is broadly the same will the fly wheel and stator not swap from one to the other to keep things tidy?

The most popular colur useage is: White to the rectifier/Blue feeds lights and indicators/Light blue does the neutral light/black and whte feeds the ig coil.

The other colours use green/red yellow etc but that is on the DT100A and B which are more like 75/76 vintage.

Failing that really need some engine/frame no's.

Oh and welcome to the forum......

Thanks for the help. Turns out we were able to swap the stator and flywheel. The engine that was in it used points not the electronic ignititon. The MX we got the second engine from did though.

The biggest problem was it wasn't chargeing the battery, but since we switched the stators it is now.

Thanks for the welcome. Hope to post more.