DT 200 R over revving

misfit
This post is 5233 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a 98 model Dt 200R was going alright up till the other day, stopped the engine & when I went to start it it was hard to start (normally easy) when it finally started it went to about 5000Revs and the revs kept increasing, when the throttle was given a quick twist the revs came down a bit but then slowly built back up again, it would hunt between 3000 & 7000 revs when the choke was operated it went over the redline. anyone have any ideas.

pleaese help

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

sounds like it is pulling in air somewhere. ckeck the rubber gromet between the carb and barrel and the carb and filter, also if there are any pipes came loose. worth having a look to see if the air filter is sitting tightly in the air box. ;)

sounds like it is pulling in air somewhere. ckeck the rubber gromet between the carb and barrel and the carb and filter, also if there are any pipes came loose. worth having a look to see if the air filter is sitting tightly in the air box. ;)

thanks ill have a look when i have some time still leave replies if you think it could be somethink else

Yeh . and also the carb top [ screwed tight] if you blurted the throtle & it dropped revs , sounds like cable where it entres the carb. thers a rubber o ring in the carb top also" make shure its seated , wink.gif

might be worth while stipping the carb down and giving it a good clean to make sure there are no blockages.

won't do any harm ;)

thanks for all the reply orded parts for it gave the carby a good clean it had a blocked jet but that didnt fix it does anyone no wat size jets they soppossed to have its currently got a 170

thanks for all the reply orded parts for it gave the carby a good clean it had a blocked jet but that didnt fix it does anyone no wat size jets they soppossed to have its currently got a 170

My 1988 DT200r runs standard jetting, 150 main jet 25 pilot jet

BobC

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hey misfit-just joined and seen ur prob with crankcase seal stator side.my dt has same prob-do u know if the seal can be changed without splitting bottom end?

hey misfit-just joined and seen ur prob with crankcase seal stator side.my dt has same prob-do u know if the seal can be changed without splitting bottom end?

Yes both the crank seals can be changed without splitting . For the stator side you will need a flywheel puller size 27x1 LEFT HAND THREAD , it's a quick job .

Bob C

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online