RZR380 Special

Picobello
This post is 4852 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Started a project 2 year ago. Started with a bare RD350F2 frame. This is how it looks so far:

opwielen1.jpg

opwielen2.jpg

opwielen3.jpg

Frame is modified, fork is a Paioli USD from a 250 GP-Racer, swingarm is a TZR125, wheels are SZR660 and brake rotors are YZF750. Seat is a "one of". Front fender is a real carbon fender. Brake calipers (not shown on the pic's) are Spiegler 4 piston types. Engine is tuned (+4mm stroker crank, ported cylinders, 2 in 1 intake with 38mm flatslide carburator, Zeeltronic ignition and Billet Powervalves from Twostroke-shop) and will be installed next month as we need to do some work on the cylinders and head.

Will get it finished this winter. Tank and seat will be painted pearl white with carbon decals. Bike will be road legal.

Greetings,

Pico

• 1 month later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks great. How much did you have to modify to get the forks and swingarm on?

Had to modify the frame to take the swingarm, had to modify the swingarm itself as well. Swingarm was still to wide at the pivot point after machining the pivot point so I had to make more space between the mushrooms on the frame. Machined them down a couple of milimeters to make it fit.

We needed to make a new upper mounting point for the SZR660 shock

dsc00916ef4.jpg

and weld it into place

frame4.jpg

and had to make some spacers fot the original pivot point for the SZR660 link

linksysteem.jpg

And had to make some custom bogbones.

Frontend was quite easy. Just a 5mm thick washer was needed to make it fit

lager1.jpg

Tomorrow I will install the engine. I need to because I have a deadline....

dsc01773w.jpg

On the 17th of april I'm going to drive the Assen TT circuit twice B) Then it needs to be ready, run-in and the carburator adjusted to the setup I run (+4mm stroker crank, modified and ported barrels, 2 into 1 intake with 38mm flat slide TMX carburator, Zeeltronic programmable ignition and tuned pipes)

I'll keep you guy's posted.....

• 10 months later...

Almost a year later the bike is still not ready :(

The trackday was canceled and I hadn't much time to work on the bike. Next year a new chance. This is how she looks now

06112010077.jpg

Still need a lot of things to do.....

The tank and the seat will be painted in matt black with glossy black highlights.

the thing with building specials is, never put a time or price on them. They always double or worse :rolleyes:

keep plugging away mate, I have re-set my tracker project twice already. I have a day in mind but not going to jinx it by telling anyone

the thing with building specials is, never put a time or price on them. They always double or worse :rolleyes:

keep plugging away mate, I have re-set my tracker project twice already. I have a day in mind but not going to jinx it by telling anyone

Hurry on will ya,,,,,

there was a lad (he's dead now) predicting that the world will end in 12-12-2012 at 12.12 midnight ! He claimed that so many of the planets will alinge up and crash into each other !

Our wee planet will not survive

So if ya want a few spins on the Tracker,,,,,,,,,,get a move on.

i dont believe in this shit---by the way.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online