MIDNIGHT STAR 950.

grey haired git
This post is 5346 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi I am thinking of trading in my XVS 650 for a Midnight Star 950 is there anyone on the forum that has any experience of the 950, GOFF being one who might be able to advise. Anything regarding rider comfort, reliability, teething problems etc. Look forward to your replies and info.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome to the forum.

Yes i have one of these babies.

I traded up from a 650 in February this year, and i have no regrets whatsoever.

The bike is gorgeous!

Its light, responsive and more comfortable than anything i've ever ridden before. The seat felt quite hard on the ass when i first got on it, but after a mile or so it was REALLY comfy. I cant get over just how light the front end feels - the 650 felt like a ton weight at times, but i feel like i have so much more control over this one.

Looks wise - well IMO its a thing of beauty - Yamaha have completely revamped it, and it makes the other bikes in the Star range look dated. The arse end is much more sleek an more pleasing on the eye - my 650 had this lump of a light with indicators attached - something i never really liked, but this one is completely different. The front end is a litttle slimmer, but the pullback on the bars is more than the 650 thus giving for a less "stretched" ride, which is a bonus for me cos im only little.

The belt drive replaces the old shaft drive, making the bike lighter, and the frame is a matte black - complimenting the chrome beautifully.

I haven't had ANY problems whatsoever with it, i can load it up with my tent, sleeping bag, panniers, airbed AND a pillion and it will still go as smooth as it does unloaded.

I love this bike to death. ;)

Hi Goff and thanks for the information, I managed to find a black 950 in one of my local dealers today, as you say its so light, noticed this when lifting it upright from the side stand.

Trying to find a dealer with the blue paintwork version to have a look. Think I need a change from the chrome and black.

Now all I have to do is get the permission from the Bank Manager (Wife) and Financial Advisor (Daughter) and I think this is the one for me. Thank-you for the reply, its good to get the real facts from an owner.

Get yourself a test ride on one too. You'll be very surprised at how different it is to your 650.

They also do a red one too if you are after a different colour.