dt125lc engine reverse running

lizzie40f
This post is 5348 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i have a 1985 dt 125lc which when i kick it over it runs rough for a second the engine then kicks back the wrong way which has now broken something inside that stops the kick start when it returns to its seating position now it is sitting against the caseing.i cannot understand how an engine can suddenly reverse direction

any idease guys

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i have a 1985 dt 125lc which when i kick it over it runs rough for a second the engine then kicks back the wrong way which has now broken something inside that stops the kick start when it returns to its seating position now it is sitting against the caseing.i cannot understand how an engine can suddenly reverse direction

any idease guys

The compresion build up can spin the engine back if the crank doesnt pass top dead center.

It is common.

any idease guys

Kick harder.

happened to me on my dt once.

i had kicked it in neutral, but i didnt kick very hadr. it chuffed and then fired up. gave it a few good revs, dropped it in gear and drove off about 15 mph in reverse!

scary.

so, it happens

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online