V-Max cut out won't start, no spark

fishandspud
This post is 5323 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, can you help me.

I have had my full power Canadian v-max for two months so know very little about it.

I started it up yesterday and all was fine, I let it warm up a little then set off, as I accelerated away it cut out momentarily then picked up again, when I put the power down a second time the same happened, it continued to do this more and more frequently until it stopped altogether.

It now doesn’t start at all, it turns over but there is no spark, I was wondering if the CDI unit may have gone and if so was there a way to test it?

Joe

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It could be a coil.

Try swapping them with a similar model if you know someone who has one see if its that.

If its shutting down on the power it sounds more like a coil thats breaking down.

Also check your plugs etc. Start with the simple stuff and work back to the CDI

It could be a coil.

Try swapping them with a similar model if you know someone who has one see if its that.

If its shutting down on the power it sounds more like a coil thats breaking down.

Also check your plugs etc. Start with the simple stuff and work back to the CDI

Hi,

Thanks for your help friend…been looking around & I think I’ve worked it out, it’s looking more likely to be the pick-up coils so now draining down the oil and getting into the engine to get em out…deep joy.

Thanks again for your help

Joefish

Hopefully all fixed now, I found a break in the black wire coming from the pick-up coil, a quick sort out with the soldering iron and all is well, but only after taking the alternator & middle gear casings off.

Now all I need is some new gaskets ….. Many thanks for any advise that was given.

Joe

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online