exup valves

alanuk1979
This post is 5348 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

what are the pro's and con's in removing the exup valve?>

hi, i have recently wired open the exup valve on my yzf750sp, the pros, the bike isnt jerky below 6000rpm if i crack the throttle open really fast anymore, the bike pulls better down the revrange [pulls hard from 4000] not as bad engine braking when the throttles shut making the bike easier to ride in the rain, {no rear wheel lock up when down shifting}.

exhaust sounds lovely. i have a micron slip on. the bike doesnt stall on cold start due to less back pressure. the bike is a completly different beast to ride. oh and i knocked half a second off me 1/4 mile time.

now the cons. i have a stinking flatspot at 3500-4000 rpm which im getting sorted on a dyno in a couple of weeks.unfortunatly i ride 2 work in that revrange and it does me head in. most people put up with it by all accounts.

i tried the de exup route, it works for me mate.

what are the pro's and con's in removing the exup valve?>

hi, i have recently wired open the exup valve on my yzf750sp, the pros, the bike isnt jerky below 6000rpm if i crack the throttle open really fast anymore, the bike pulls better down the revrange [pulls hard from 4000] not as bad engine braking when the throttles shut making the bike easier to ride in the rain, {no rear wheel lock up when down shifting}.

exhaust sounds lovely. i have a micron slip on. the bike doesnt stall on cold start due to less back pressure. the bike is a completly different beast to ride. oh and i knocked half a second off me 1/4 mile time.

now the cons. i have a stinking flatspot at 3500-4000 rpm which im getting sorted on a dyno in a couple of weeks.unfortunatly i ride 2 work in that revrange and it does me head in. most people put up with it by all accounts.

i tried the de exup route, it works for me mate.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online