1974 DT360 Clutch pushrod

RogerD
This post is 5300 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Friday night. 10:00 PM. I think I know the problem with mine although its not pretty. Removed the clutch basket down to just the shaft at the clutch side of the cases. With the bearing and external rod removed i attempted to remove the long internal rod with a magnet. When I did it moved the entire shaft with the rod. First time I had noticed this. I think the internal push rod is stuck to the clutch shaft. Hope not do not want to split the cases as this engine runs pretty good.

I just realized your DT was a "75 - I didn't notice before. The clutch on the 1974 DT's didn't have the ball between the pushrods. Earlier and later years all seem to have the ball. Your long rod is a little different than the 74's. Other than the rod shape and the ball, they seem to be identical. Let me know how it works out if you can get the old shaft out. I didn't have a chance to open mine today to measure my rod length.

If you need to look at diagrams try this link,:http://www.cmsnl.com/yamaha-dt250b-19751976_model8548/partslist/

Alot of the other parts lists don't have alot of the DT fiche for some reason.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi. Finally figured out my problem. It is all about the spacing. The previous owner of this bike replaced the clutch with a new clutch but they were not the correct plates. I must have re-assembled it 20 times and nothing changed. The rod was not stuck. I was completely lost and about to buy a different engine. Then I checked the old clutch plates which the owner had provided with the bike. The metal plates were identical but the new fiber plates were slightly thicker. I removed one fiber plate put everything back together, re-adjusted and went riding. Hope this helps you. Bill

I just realized your DT was a "75 - I didn't notice before. The clutch on the 1974 DT's didn't have the ball between the pushrods. Earlier and later years all seem to have the ball. Your long rod is a little different than the 74's. Other than the rod shape and the ball, they seem to be identical. Let me know how it works out if you can get the old shaft out. I didn't have a chance to open mine today to measure my rod length.

If you need to look at diagrams try this link,:http://www.cmsnl.com/yamaha-dt250b-19751976_model8548/partslist/

Alot of the other parts lists don't have alot of the DT fiche for some reason.

Hi. Finally figured out my problem. It is all about the spacing. The previous owner of this bike replaced the clutch with a new clutch but they were not the correct plates. I must have re-assembled it 20 times and nothing changed. The rod was not stuck. I was completely lost and about to buy a different engine. Then I checked the old clutch plates which the owner had provided with the bike. The metal plates were identical but the new fiber plates were slightly thicker. I removed one fiber plate put everything back together, re-adjusted and went riding. Hope this helps you. Bill

I was starting to think along the same lines as far as the clutch plate thicknesses. Glad you got yours working. I am going to check mine for the same reason. I'll leet you know..

Roger

• 1 month later...

I was starting to think along the same lines as far as the clutch plate thicknesses. Glad you got yours working. I am going to check mine for the same reason. I'll leet you know..

Roger

I eded up making my own pushrod from 1/4" tool steel stock - seems to work okay...

Roger

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online