My yzf750R7replica

Clayman
This post is 5112 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all

new here today and I start with showing you my yzf750r, I rebuilt it to look like and R7.

Please ask if you want to know anything.

Regards

/Petter

edit, how do I attach an image?

r7small.jpg

done2.jpg

where did you get the kit from??? and what was it like to fit??? thanks

and that is one sexy bike,,,

where did you get the kit from??? and what was it like to fit??? thanks

and that is one sexy bike,,,

Hi

it wasnt that much of a kit, i got the fairing and tail unit from a swedish firm that imported it from some eastern european country, fiberglass.

The rest was done by me, screen and headlights etc.

Full build story can be found here: http://www.motorcyclebuilders.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44

thanks for the reply,, if you dont mind me asking how much was the kit,??

if i am being to nosey just tell me to sod off, just i am after doing this to my bike,, thanks

1 word came to mind 'wow' Nice bike, truely stunning job you've made of it aswell. ;)

thanks for the reply,, if you dont mind me asking how much was the kit,??

if i am being to nosey just tell me to sod off, just i am after doing this to my bike,, thanks

No prob, but since almost the only thing I bought for the bike is the fairing and seat unit I can't

tell you what everything needed will cost you.

I payed around 260£ for the fiberglass stuff, I traded some R1 plastic with my garage mate to get the projectorlights he had, the paint cost me 30£..

The company I bought the faring from is not in business anymore and I don't know who their supplier was, I don't know of anyone selling the R7 fairing in fiberglass, QB has it in carbon.

Headlights, guess you can order it from yamaha, I made mine myself (prototype maker by trade), same for the screen but that is available as aftermarket.

feel free to ask again, much is described in the build tread i posted before.

ringading & Ryan09:

Thanks for the nice comments, I only spent two months on it and it came out fairly good.

I love the bike, it handles well and its fast enough for backroads here in sweden.

Maybe I will sell it now, or upgrade the engine with 1000cc parts to get a 824cc screamer,

problem is i don't know if its do-able.

Maybe this is the place to find out..

• 1 month later...

The rear section, was there any modifications to the frame.

If I just wanted to change the rear what would it involve?

Thanks

Hi

Yes I did some mods to the rearframe, look at this image, the red part was removed.

bakram1.jpg

It looked like this before painting

bakram2.jpg

I only did this to get the R7 rear to fit without having to cut away anything.

Hi and thanks for the reply.

So basically everything is intact and that piece is the only bit you have to do?

Assuming the rear number plate plastic needs cut (original undertray)

Also any ideas where I could get hold of the rear R7 tail piece.

John.

Hi and thanks for the reply.

So basically everything is intact and that piece is the only bit you have to do?

Assuming the rear number plate plastic needs cut (original undertray)

Also any ideas where I could get hold of the rear R7 tail piece.

John.

Hi again

yes thats all I cut of, but I added some brackets to get the right hight of the tail.

and yes I used the original battery-box/ undertray, read the story here of how I built the bike.

here are some places to buy R7 stuff

http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/yamaz/YZF750R71999.htm#price

http://www.superbikebodywork.co.uk/Yamaha.htm#R7

• 1 month later...

I've got to say this is one of the most tastefully modified sport bikes I have seen in a long time. Out of the question for my old FZ unfortunately but if ever there was a reason for buying a YZF then this must be it ! B) I prefer it "with" the Yamaha decals but other than that, would not change a thing about it.. . . except for maybe the owner. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you.

Dont suppose youd sell it?

Ricky

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online