why does my 02 plate dt125 only do 70mph?

fzrthow
This post is 3956 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just got my 1965 YA-6 125cc speedo up to 120 MPH.

Mind you, it was next to me on the passenger seat of my car!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

My N.O.S Dt 400 speedo has seen 500 mph once. as it travelled over the Atlantic from USA. :eusa_snooty:

I got a bit of a problem, my 2001 dragstar 650 speedo keeps staying at zero!? I havent ridden it for the past two weeks an noticed the Speedo hasn't read any thing so am abit nervous to ride it now.

Any ideas?

Yer fitted it dial side down. Shouted at it, cried at it and also with no one looking I even made love with it but it still aint moving.

Like I say it was working last time I rode the bike but since I parked her up the speedo has not moved

Like I say it was working last time I rode the bike but since I parked her up the speedo has not moved

At the risk of second guessing your sense of humour, does the speedo move when the isn't parked?! :)

....... and also with no one looking I even made love with it but it still aint moving.......................

Well, thats F****d it!

Just took the bike round the block n yes the speedo worked, got it into 8th gear but it only read 70mph. But as soon as I stopped the speedo read zero again. Getting upset now

Ok, just read the whole thread and my Nissan Primera tops out at 155 cos of a restriction on the earth wire behind the ABS connector!!

• Like 1

Just took the bike round the block n yes the speedo worked, got it into 8th gear but it only read 70mph. But as soon as I stopped the speedo read zero again. Getting upset now

I to have this problem.....I have just been out on the R1 and when I stopped my speedo said zero to :shakeno::shakeno::shakeno: .....I then noticed my rev counter going up to 7 when the bike was not moving......

I believe this is all down to replacing the ex-up valve with a 4.7 meg oscillater from the Starship Enterprise.....

• Like 1

AHHHH there's your problem if you use old star ship parts then it's bound to be trouble, myself I only use NEW star ship parts and my bike does 300MPH when leaving the garage!!! :crazy:

• 4 weeks later...

how the fuck has this thread got from doing 70 mph on a dt , to doing warp fuckin 9 in the Enterprise . :crazy:

just an advice: DON`T DISMOUNT WHEN A DT OVERTAKE YOU, your bike is still running, nothing wrong with your bike!

Guys, guys! guess what!!!???

Managed to get my bike started again after it seized! got it up to a healthy 155mph and done the isle of man in 4.5 minutes!

O wait.................it was a dream. :(

Why is your high beam on? (assuming it's you haha)

lol, not me, my bike have no modification so, 120m/h top speed. and i`m sure I will never reach this speed. i have just 64 kg, me on this speed= a flag... hands on the handlebar, the body in the air :)))

something like that http://www.marusholilac.com/flying-man.jpg

• Like 2