why does my 02 plate dt125 only do 70mph?

fzrthow
This post is 3934 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

how dare you lower the tone of this post with such sensable comments.

lets take it back to stupidity, i was doing the ton on the motor way today,

i noticed a bit of a wobble creeping in, do you think it could be anything to do with my rear tyre being wrongly fit,

as i have been told several times to sort it out before i come a cropper.

Sorry. did I say I was towing a one ton trailer round the M25 at the time.

Just thought 68mph was a bit slow as the trailer was only half full.

I pushed my bike home the other day n did 50MPH running next to it so beat that you fatties! lol

Also what is it with some of these new members sticking profile pics of them kissing there missus!? this is a bike forum! i dont wanna see you licking your missus's face! (@ scottcampbellridgway)

Also i see that there is another homie on da forum dat like da speak da lingo! nowt wrong wid dat bruv just dat i no see da point in makin words up dat is ard ta read. Ya feelin me bruv? sound .........brrrrrraaaaaaappppp!!! (@ dt125)

I think ( dt125) needs some English lessons.

I also own a mobylette n40 50cc, they other day after me dad fiddled with the chain it did 95 mph,lmao

125+ mph 'on a dt, you must have to replace the piston every day,me thinks u should lay off the crack!

Your all talking tosh, mine did 70mph 2 up, why it did it just the other day taking Elvis down to the stables to feed Shergar.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

ive heard it all now a 125 hitting 120mph mine only does 65 pushing 70 and i only have a dep end can the front pipes old and stock filled with carbon deposits i still need to get it out but seriously dt's dont go that fast i mean when power valve kicks in it does move fast but thats about it after 65 im only learning on this anyway once i got another years no claims i have my eyes on a wr :)

Now we are back on it...............

I rerouted my SV exhaust back into the airbox to make it supercharged and emission free. I failed to take into account the build up of exhaust fumes so it exploded..............I am now off to look for my left testicle.

• Like 2

Now we are back on it...............

I rerouted my SV exhaust back into the airbox to make it supercharged and emission free. I failed to take into account the build up of exhaust fumes so it exploded..............I am now off to look for my left testicle.

:lol:

My dt does 0-60 in 1.3 seconds and tops out at 125mph on the back wheel....

Oh and if you suck the farts out of my arse you will taste strawberrys

Ye fucka am happy if I can get 60mph

Ken

I tried beefing up the motor in mine but it started horsing around on part throttle.

B dom tish

• Like 1

Your all talking tosh, mine did 70mph 2 up, why it did it just the other day taking Elvis down to the stables to feed Shergar.

Cynic you had me believing you there right up to the part about stables to feed shergar, had you put Tescos i'd have believed you.

:)

How long til supermarkets replace meatballs with dog bollox as that won't be tested for when they routinely test for horses

• 2 months later...

why does my 02 plate dt125 only do 70mph?

My suzuki DR600 only does 90 and it will do less after Iv geared it down.

• 3 weeks later...

so,,,, what about my rd doing 300mph,, is it happening or WOT....

Have you taken the wire off from behind the speedo, changed the exhaust and reflashed the ecu yet? If you have, then you might have the wrong tyre pressure! :biglaugha::jossun: